Radiohead (Official Thread)

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Only days away from seeing them live. As excited as I am for the show I can't help but feel somewhere disappointed because, aside from what I've already said in this thread, I don't think there will be far more emphasis on synthesizers than Jonny Greenwood's guitar playing. He's one of my favorite guitarists of the last 20 years because I love how aggressive and unhinged his playing style is.

Hope you'll tell us all about it :grinthumb

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
The concert has come and passed and it was everything I expected only better. They didn't play anything from "The Bends" like I knew they wouldn't so I was prepared for that, but they did play quite a bit from "In Rainbows" and "Ok Computer" which are my next favorite albums from them. Here's the setlist from last night...

1. Bloom
2. 15 Step
3. Kid A
4. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
5. Staircase
6. I Might Be Wrong
7. The Gloaming
8. Separator
9. Like Spinning Plates (Tour debut)
10. Morning Mr. Magpie
11. Climbing Up the Walls
12. Identikit
13. Lotus Flower
14. There There
15. Feral
16. Idioteque

Encore:
17. House of Cards
18. Myxomatosis
19. Supercollider
20. Reckoner

Encore 2:
21. Give Up the Ghost
22. Exit Music (for a Film)
23. Paranoid Android

Thom had some pretty fun banter in between songs and their performances of "House of Cards" and "Exit Music" were particularly amazing. It was a wonderful experience. :) Also, my car was literally the second furthest car from the actual venue (which was an amphitheater by the way) so it was REALLY easy for me to leave when everything was over. That was nice too. :)

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Love these two songs from Kid A.
How To Disappear Completely

In Limbo

Pretty good album considering it followed OK Computer. Nice ambient sounds but I also love the bass lines in some of the songs too.

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
Listened to 'The King Of Limbs' again the other day after ages. I'm still not thrilled about it. A lot of it still sounds mediocre for their usually ridiculously high standards! I don't know what the heck happened. Wonder if Thom got complacent. Bloom, Lotus Flower, Codex and Separator are pretty decent. Little By Little is okay. Don't care too much for the rest. That bonus track which came much later titled Supercollider was quite good I felt. But otherwise, it's still my least favourite Radiohead album by a huge margin!

If I were to attempt ranking their albums...

1. The Bends / Ok Computer / Kid A (virtually impossible to separately rank these 3 stellar records!)
2. Amnesiac / Hail To The Thief
3. In Rainbows
4. Pablo Honey

5. The King Of Limbs

I know many people would disagree with my placing of In Rainbows below Amnesiac/Hail but that is my personal ranking as of now.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I would actually go as far as ranking 'In Rainbows' over "Kid A", personally.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Members online