Queens of the Stone Age (Official Thread)

metalmascara

rockaholic
Reaction score
I love all Queens Albums, as well as Josh Homme's side projects like "The Eagles of Deathmetal" and of course, "Them Crooked Vultures" with Dave Grohl & John Paul Jones. I wish they still played together.

I think all their albums have a little something to give, I think their first self titled album was great. I love the songs walking on sidewalks (especially with Mark Lanegan singing) & mexicola.

Lullabies has a lot of hits, but I personally like the other songs on it that weren't overplayed.
Skin on Skin for example is such a sexy song.. & Someone's in the wolf is my favorite, it's very zeppelin like in it's qualities.

I think Like Clockwork is as good as it's raved about.. There's like 2 songs I don't care for, but overall the majority of that album it is great.

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Great to have another QOTSA fan here!

Been eagerly awaiting news from Them Crooked Vultures myself, they have said they will work together again at some point, so we'll have to keep our fingers crossed we're not waiting many more years for another album, plus I absolutely need to see them live!

mich

Reaction score
They were in Hobart just a few weeks ago to do one gig. I didn't go though.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Interesting band. I actually heard them awhile back when my sister had their self titled début album on rotation regularly. Unique quality to them for sure that had me interested enough to buy two albums. I went with R Rated and their newest Like Clockwork. So far R Rated is awesome and reminds me a fair bit of the first record.

rollingstoned

Queens of the Stone Age
Reaction score
Great band be interested to see them again...

What year did you see them? Do you remember the line-up?

My favorite line-up is the original up to late 2003 (when Nick Oliveri the bassist was fired).

Favorite albums for me are self titled and rated R.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad

Members online