QUEEN To Headline Sonisphere 2012 with Adam Lambert

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
I thought there was another guy (who's name escapes me) that was chosen to sing for Queen.. There was a thread about it not long ago..

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
^^^ I know some would consider Lady Gaga close to it, and there was a thread for that awhile back. :tongue:

Other than that, I don't remember seeing anything of the sort. :think:

Hydrazoic Acid

Skeptic
Reaction score
Pity, that "Queen" will not collaborate with Gary Mullen. He's clearly better sings their songs, than that abominable Lambert. -(

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Reading through the recent responses I need to add to my initial post.

TS, you make some good points but here is the deal.

Genesis? Valid...they just moved Phil up to the mic after Peter. They both sang anyway. (Peter quit)

Floyd? Gave all the vocals to Dave...and Richard. All three sang anyway. (Roger quit)

Paul Rodgers with Queen was a fun go....they made new music...he was HUGE himself and Freddie was a fan of the guy. So it was valid just from that pov.

Bon Scott was replaced by Brian Johnson. THAT worked because no one knew Brian really, and Bon had passed away SOOO early on in the bands career. They were still VERY YOUNG yet, at the time. They HAD to carry on. An album that was a tribute to Bon helped also. It was new music to boot and the start of chapter II.

Anybody else I could mention, really doesn't have anybody that died. When Priest had Ripper...Halford came back. When Maiden had Bailey...Bruce came back. Sabbath had Dio, Martin, Gillan (two Gillans)...and Ozzy came back more than once and is back again if Tony's health gets better.

KISS fans are not all that thrilled that Tommy and Eric are wearing Peter and Ace's makeup. But outside of Ace and Peter on a few tracks, Gene and Paul are the main vocal points of the group.

But at the same time...Ace & Peter are still alive so there is always hope.

Steve Perry is still alive, so there is always hope for Journey fans.

Zeppelin? Jason Bonham worked...Son = Blood

Skynyrd worked. Brother = Blood

See where I'm going?? I think if Freddie had just quit the band instead of passing away, temporary solutions might not look so bad, to keep the band afloat. I mean where is Deacon in all of this? He seems to want no part of it after the Freddie memorial concert.

IF Queen really wanted to move forward with a new singer, they should AT least ask Deacon again and get him signed on and look for a singer that is closer to the band, as a friend, or someone else that Freddie and the guys loved dearly.

Possibly George Michaels....or someone like that. It still wouldn't be the REAL magic that once was Queen but it would be a helluva lot closer and make a helluva lot more sense.

:cheers2

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
hanging.gif

:oyea: This says it all

coltrane2

Musicologist
Reaction score

Genesis? Valid...they just moved Phil up to the mic after Peter. They both sang anyway. (Peter quit)

Floyd? Gave all the vocals to Dave...and Richard. All three sang anyway. (Roger quit)

Paul Rodgers with Queen was a fun go....they made new music...he was HUGE himself and Freddie was a fan of the guy. So it was valid just from that pov.

Bon Scott was replaced by Brian Johnson. THAT worked because no one knew Brian really, and Bon had passed away SOOO early on in the bands career. They were still VERY YOUNG yet, at the time. They HAD to carry on. An album that was a tribute to Bon helped also. It was new music to boot and the start of chapter II.

Anybody else I could mention, really doesn't have anybody that died. When Priest had Ripper...Halford came back. When Maiden had Bailey...Bruce came back. Sabbath had Dio, Martin, Gillan (two Gillans)...and Ozzy came back more than once and is back again if Tony's health gets better.

KISS fans are not all that thrilled that Tommy and Eric are wearing Peter and Ace's makeup. But outside of Ace and Peter on a few tracks, Gene and Paul are the main vocal points of the group.

See where I'm going?? I think if Freddie had just quit the band instead of passing away, temporary solutions might not look so bad, to keep the band afloat. I mean where is Deacon in all of this? He seems to want no part of it after the Freddie memorial concert.

IF Queen really wanted to move forward with a new singer, they should AT least ask Deacon again and get him signed on and look for a singer that is closer to the band, as a friend, or someone else that Freddie and the guys loved dearly.

Possibly George Michaels....or someone like that. It still wouldn't be the REAL magic that once was Queen but it would be a helluva lot closer and make a helluva lot more sense.

I think the difference with Queen is how integral Mercury was to their sound. True, Messrs May, Deacon and Taylor contributed massively, but he was so larger than life in every respect that it doesn't bare comparison to the other "replacements" you referenced, save for maybe Osbourne in Sabbath.

It's more like the E Street Band without Springsteen, U2 without Bono or Aerosmith without Tyler (almost happened last year in favour of Lenny Kravitz. Can you imagine?).

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score

Great post MP. I personally don't mind who sings with Queen, I don't think I've ever said that I object to them playing Sonisphere per se, but what I mind is bands just going through the motions to sell tickets, and doing nothing but recycling set lists from 20 years ago, but with no parallel creative thinking in terms of writing new material. I'm pretty sure George Michael sang with them somewhere, his voice actually isn't a million miles away from Freddie's, but he's off limits in many ways, and not worth the risk until he can stay off drugs and stay out of men's toilets.

opera races

Reaction score
Great post MP. I personally don't mind who sings with Queen, I don't think I've ever said that I object to them playing Sonisphere per se, but what I mind is bands just going through the motions to sell tickets, and doing nothing but recycling set lists from 20 years ago, but with no parallel creative thinking in terms of writing new material. I'm pretty sure George Michael sang with them somewhere, his voice actually isn't a million miles away from Freddie's, but he's off limits in many ways, and not worth the risk until he can stay off drugs and stay out of men's toilets.
George Michael sang Somebody To Love at the Freddie Mercury tribute concert in 1992 (OMGoodness the 20 year anniversary of that is coming up!). I did like that particular rendition and his name crossed my mind ... although as The Sound pointed out that might be a risky move and, again, while I think George Michael could do a lot of QUEEN songs well I don't think he could handle all of them. Especially early on QUEEN put out songs in such a wide variety of styles. Most singers IMO can't cover every kind of QUEEN tune. I agree about the whole recycling 20 year old set lists bit ...

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
..Well yeah, but I was just using that moment and person as an example. Somebody like that. :grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online

No members online now.