QUEEN To Headline Sonisphere 2012 with Adam Lambert

OzzyVanHalen

Reaction score
With a quarter of a century having since passed, rock legends QUEEN are to return to play a second concert at the venue that provided them with the setting for one of their biggest and most historic concerts.

QUEEN’s Brian May and Roger Taylor have confirmed the band will headline the second day of SONISPHERE appearing on the APOLLO stage on Saturday July 7.* KNEBWORTH was the setting for QUEEN’s final concert with Freddie Mercury in August 1986.

May and Taylor also confirmed that for this very special event they will be joined by US singer-songwriter ADAM LAMBERT.

The potent chemistry between QUEEN and Lambert broke the surface when at the invitation of Brian May and Roger Taylor, Lambert joined them for the closing showcase at the recent* MTV Europe Awards where QUEEN were present to collect their Global Icon award.

Says Brian May: “Judging by my incoming mail, this decision will make a lot of people very happy. It’s a worthy challenge for us, and I’m sure Adam would meet with Freddie’s approval! And what better place to revisit, and walk those emotional paths than Knebworth? It will be a rush.”

OzzyVanHalen

Reaction score
yeah, I was disappointed when I seen this announcement. You cannot replace Freddie Mercury!
If QUEEN wants to get a replacement singer, at least find someone that sounds somewhat similar to him. We don't need some guy that got popular from a TV show fronting one of the greatest rock bands of all time.

Now this guy would be perfect!

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Adam Lambert?

th_smiley_emoticons_selbstmord.gif

opera races

Reaction score
:pullhair: I think we're on our way to a quorum?

QUEEN is the one situation I can't/won't budge on when it comes to attempting to replace a band member. You really can't replace Freddie.

I love you guys and I do grasp the concept of carrying on but ... NO ...

The other problem is, if I do allow myself to entertain the idea, is that you can't have just one person to fill in for Freddie. You need different singers to be able to do everything Freddie did.

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
Didn't he previously deny the rumors that he was singing with Queen? :think:

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score
The Sonisphere line-up is absolutely shocking IMO. The only band I like playing is Kiss.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online