Queen (Official Thread)

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Re: The Official Queen Thread

My favorite Queen album is probably "Jazz". I love Bicycle Race and Fat Bottomed Girls :p I could listen to those two (and Don't Stop Me Now) all day!

Three of Queen's finest songs right there. "Don't Stop Me Now" was used in one of the most perfect movie scene's in history :D:grinthumb

PinkFreud

Rock Junkie
Reaction score

Three of Queen's finest songs right there. "Don't Stop Me Now" was used in one of the most perfect movie scene's in history :D:grinthumb

lol perfect indeed! Just so happens that's one of my favorite movies as well! They also play "You're My Best Friend" during the credits, another great Queen song

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

lol perfect indeed! Just so happens that's one of my favorite movies as well! They also play "You're My Best Friend" during the credits, another great Queen song

Yes they do. That is such a great movie because of the detail in it. All of the most insignificant details in the beginning of the movie reappear multiple time through it later and such brilliant ways. :heheh:

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score

Some of my favorite Queen songs right there too. :grinthumb

I managed to collect Queen's entire studio catalog (and are the only band that I've done so for). A side from "Innuendo" other albums I love are "A Night At The Opera" (of course since it's probably their masterpiece), "Queen II", "The Works", "Jazz", and really a lot of them. The only ones I'm kinda "eh" on are "Hot Space" with all of it's songs being either hit or miss with me and "The Flash Gordon Soundtrack" which I don't really count.

I also don't count soundtracks as albums, but I'm keen on finding 'The Works' so I can complete my catalogue as well :D

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

I also don't count soundtracks as albums, but I'm keen on finding 'The Works' so I can complete my catalogue as well :D

Alot of people really seem to like the "Flash Gordon" theme off that album, but.....eh.....I don't really know why...

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Not me Cosmic, I didn't like the movie or the Soundtrack that much, of course there are a couple of decent songs, almost impossible for Queen not to have a couple on each album they recorded.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

Just thought I'd :bump: this thread since this is Queen's month after all.

Also I seemed to have missed this:

Not me Cosmic, I didn't like the movie or the Soundtrack that much, of course there are a couple of decent songs, almost impossible for Queen not to have a couple on each album they recorded.

Very true. "Flash Gordon" was pretty cheesy but still hit in the UK, but then again everything Queen did was golden among their home fans.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

I'll do Flash Gordon some justice here!!!

Sound those battle trumpets boyzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!

TURN IT UP!

:oy:

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

A great band...

Last edited by a moderator:

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

There are strong reports that Queen are about to leave EMI and switch to Universal – but not until their present contract runs out.

The band have been on EMI for almost 40 years, but with the giant going through tough times, it appears Queen have decided that a multi-million pound deal on the table from Universal is much more lucrative than anything the band can expect by staying where they are.

However, Queen are expected to honour the rest of their contact with EMI, which runs out at the end of the year. Of course, it won’t be lost on anyone that next year is the band’s 40th anniversary!

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoustonBoy

Staff online

Members online