Queen (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: The Official Queen Thread

Thumper's already posted my favorite Queen record, but here it is anyway.

Here's the first song that got my attention, from 1974's Sheer Heart Attack..."Killer Queen".

But this was the album that got my Undivided attention, and I still have my vinyl copy.:D

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score

About time! I've every album except 'The Works' and the endless greatest hits compilations :D I love so many of their songs, but a handful of standouts are these:

Innuendo
Breakthru
Don't Stop Me Now
Headlong
Bohemian Rhapsody
Leaving Home 'Aint Easy
Spread Your Wings

One of the greatest bands ever! :D

rtbuck

Reaction score

^^^^ Get Down .. Make Love...:grinthumb

Great friggin' tune!! News of the World is my favorite, especially "Sheer Heart Attack","Get Down Make Love","Fight From the Inside" & "Sleeping on the Sidewalk" ...I could do without "My Melancholy Blues" Yechhhh!

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

About time! I've every album except 'The Works' and the endless greatest hits compilations :D I love so many of their songs, but a handful of standouts are these:

Innuendo
Breakthru
Don't Stop Me Now

Headlong
Bohemian Rhapsody
Leaving Home 'Aint Easy
Spread Your Wings

One of the greatest bands ever! :D

Some of my favorite Queen songs right there too. :grinthumb

I managed to collect Queen's entire studio catalog (and are the only band that I've done so for). A side from "Innuendo" other albums I love are "A Night At The Opera" (of course since it's probably their masterpiece), "Queen II", "The Works", "Jazz", and really a lot of them. The only ones I'm kinda "eh" on are "Hot Space" with all of it's songs being either hit or miss with me and "The Flash Gordon Soundtrack" which I don't really count.

PinkFreud

Rock Junkie
Reaction score

I'm shocked that there wasn't already a Queen thread! Such a great band, and while Freddie was quite possibly the greatest singer of all time, I like the fact that all 4 members were great vocalists. Not to mention that Brian May was ridiculously talented when it came to that guitar

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

Yeah I was shocked too. I don't know if John Deacon ever actually sang.....hmm...I'd have to looking to that.....but Brian, Roger, and Freddie had some of the greatest harmony ever and they never missed a note.
I stand behind Brian May and his Red Special as perhaps the most unique guitar sound in popular music.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I'm shocked that there wasn't already a Queen thread! Such a great band, and while Freddie was quite possibly the greatest singer of all time, I like the fact that all 4 members were great vocalists. Not to mention that Brian May was ridiculously talented when it came to that guitar

We did a Massive housecleaning over a month ago PF, and some threads that were just below standard were deleted, and I don't want to write all the threads to replace them, we know members enjoy waxing poetic and at great length about their favorite bands such as Cosmic's excellent Queen thread. I always try to encourage the members to write the threads when I find out they are a big fan, if not I would get around to them or Magic would eventually.

For example we have no Thin Lizzy thread, I have all of their albums so I will do them if nobody else does, but I keep hoping another member does it first.;)

PinkFreud

Rock Junkie
Reaction score

For example we have no Thin Lizzy thread, I have all of their albums so I will do them if nobody else does, but I keep hoping another member does it first.;)
Ooh, that'll be a good thread! I'd sing praises of Thin Lizzy here, but this is a Queen thread, and that just wouldn't be fair to them!
My favorite Queen album is probably "Jazz". I love Bicycle Race and Fat Bottomed Girls :p I could listen to those two (and Don't Stop Me Now) all day!

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online