Queen (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^That's hilarious and sure shows Beyonce in a bad light.:heheh:

Don't care for her music at all, will never buy any of her albums and she will be forgotten soon enough while Queen and Freddie Mercury live on for decades to come.:D

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
While there has really always been mediocre writers and producers,there seems to be an ever increasing percentage of the industry that are looked at as creative giants while in reality,they are insipid and banal products of the current shallow and narrow minded American society. A good case in point for this issue lies in Jewel's mega-success back in the nineties.She does have a voice and does well with her guitar,but while I was hearing one accolade after another about how good of a writer she was,I personally actually believed she not only was not great,but was a downright TERRIBLE writer.And this continues greatly today.Theses young writers today have no artistic vision from which to formulate a song in the first place and furthermore they are hardly wordsmiths of ANY kind.Possibly worst of all,they have nothing to say and they constantly state that fact quite well in their music.Freddy Mercury was legitimate visionary.Beyonce and her squad of medocrity may be fine for a string of top tens,but overall her career seems to revolve around espousing the usual short sighted idioms of this extrememely boorish nation.But then,that's another page.................

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
There are a lot of those sort of comparison pictures out there and it seems like most of them use "Bohemian Rhapsody" as the benchmark, probably because unlike a lot of other iconic songs, it has only one writer unlike Beatles or Zeppelin for example.

SilkSpectre

Killer Queen
Reaction score
Pictures like the one posted before illustrate why I usually don't listen to chart music any more. For example, I enjoy Springsteen's songs, because they all seem to tell stories wrapped up in good music. When occasionally listening to the radio, I often wonder just what the hell this rubbish is about - it's boring, tells you absolutely nothing about the singer/writer,.. Not that I find Beyonce unsympathetic nor is she a bad singer, but her music is sooo meaningless.
There are thousands of Beyonces today - beautiful, but shallow.
Just read the whole text of "Run the world" - how can this be written by SIX people?

So Bo rhap is actually a great reference. Because it is complex and each and every time I wonder just what on earth the text actually means, as it sounds like many stories melted down to one unique piece. Like a night in the opera with all its weirdness, pomp and dreamy atmosphere. That's art. :flirt :bow:
(Yes, it's one of my all time favourites.)

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
"Rhapsody is sort of "pop surrealism".Just as with many Dylan tunes,the words don't seem to make much actual contextual sense outside of the man doomed to die theme,but there's something in the choices of words and word order that was done so brilliantly that it APPEARS to make sense throughout.Meanwhile,the musical content is indeed tantamount to rock masterpiece.............

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
That's a funny looking bicycle...

95HqEht.jpg

"... Jaws was never my scene
and I don't like Star Wars"

LIES! I say... LIES!

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
It's totally a lie. Freddie also wasn't a fan of riding bicycles either. He preferred being driven in fancy cars. ;)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online