Punk rock is dead

HC Steve

Reaction score
Punk died,hardcore replaced it.Why?
Its Stupid! Every time i hear from a friend or on the internet on punk bands(PUNK In other terms: punk and hardcore and other sub genres)Its alaways hardcore but never punk. Its crazy,Hardcore is more listened to than
normal punk rock. I need someone to explain to me why?
:omg:

Cosmic322

Reaction score
Punk died,hardcore replaced it.Why?
Its Stupid! Every time i hear from a friend or on the internet on punk bands(PUNK In other terms: punk and hardcore and other sub genres)Its alaways hardcore but never punk. Its crazy,Hardcore is more listened to than
normal punk rock. I need someone to explain to me why?
:omg:

Punk Rock's not dead. Google Rise Against. You're welcome. :)

mrJim

Reaction score
I dont know about all the "this is dead, that is dead stuff" but what you posted, is well, a hardcore band.

Now it appears that they're "stick" is to use a "melody intro" the the body of the losely couples to the melody. But thats mostly hardcore there or atleast its incepted from it.

I think the members are from a hardcore sceen as well.

Jim

Mr. Shadow

"Classic" Member
Reaction score
Problem with punk is a band tries to be punk, instead of being punk. It is superficial noise.

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
I dont know about all the "this is dead, that is dead stuff" but what you posted, is well, a hardcore band.

Now it appears that they're "stick" is to use a "melody intro" the the body of the losely couples to the melody. But thats mostly hardcore there or atleast its incepted from it.

I think the members are from a hardcore sceen as well.

Jim

Problem with punk is a band tries to be punk, instead of being punk. It is superficial noise.

@mrJim and Mr Shadow both of yous make great points of view but its hard to say what is "PUNK" these days some of the newer so called punks are to my ears bubblegum pop! green day, blink132! unlike say Rancid, NOFX! which are Punks. maybe I`m over thinking it :oyea:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Sums up the Punk Goes....series of albums that should have been aborted before writing.

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
Black Flag, The Cramps, The Misfits ( Danzig era ) The Exploited, Discharge, Subhumans etc. live on at my house. Even if not played all that much anymore.
True punk never needs to "try" to be punk...it just is.

mrJim

Reaction score
I dont like to get all wound up in the whole genre thing but i do agree if someone is trying to be a punk band then they fail before starting.

The other thing is the creativity in punk is closely tied to the rawness of the music. So its fairly inevitable that punk bands will at somepoint cease to be punk.

This doesnt so much apply to Some of the later syb-genre's but the classic inception does.

For me though names i associate with "punk" are iggy pop, stooges, deadboys, heartbreakers, johnny thunders, sex pistols, clash among others.

To me some of the east coast/west coast groups are more hardcore.

I prefer alternative.... I guess

Jim

Last edited:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
And punk is not dead. It is alive in other forms of music. And no pop punk doesn't count as that is not real punk to me.

mrJim

Reaction score
Alive it is, but not in significant quantities and in new forms.

Agree on the pop punk as i never really ackowledged that as punk

Jim

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tayson ray

Members online