PSYCHOBILLY, PUNKABILLY, HELLBILLY and related wayward travelers

JimJam

Reaction score
Does the band X count for you under "punkabilly," Vader?
They were a terrific punk band from the '80s with rockabilly overtones. Best exemplified by Wild Gift.

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
@JimJam Well , I can hear a small bit of rockabilly influence in their songs but personally I would consider them punk rock rather then Punkabilly / Psychobilly.
If you hesr them differently though who am I to argue ...

They definitely fit into this thread though under " related wayward travelers" if nothing else.

JimJam

Reaction score
^^^
Yeah, X was a stretch but i gave it a shot.

This thread reminded me of a great Cramps song i have not heard in a while, "New Kind of Kick."

Vader

Reaction score
THE WOLFGANGS

0885767976504xr.jpg

French Psychobilly band that rocks out ! I really like this bands debut SHOUT AT THE DEVIL lot. They are working on releasing their sophomore effort in "the spring of 2015" straight from Mrs. Wolfgang herself ...but still no sight of it... I got my eyes and ears open because like I said I dig this shit haha

600x600.jpg

The way this girl sings and dances around almost makes me want to cut my hair and give up Metal lol

Last edited:

Vader

Reaction score

Here's a live clip of The Wolfgangs doing one of their more Rockabilly numbers called Break The Routine. .. complete w/ James Dean reference ... and again ... yehzah !!! :D

Vader

Reaction score
SilverShine+A4+(2).jpg

THE SILVER SHINE

The Silver Shine are Psychobilly trio who hail from Budapest Hungary. They consist of Ati Egde - guitar and vocals, Krista Kat - upright bass & vocals and Furo - drums

Their discography as far as I know:
Nightmare 2005
Don't Trust the Girl With the Chainsaw 2007
No Mercy 2009
Saints & Sinners 2011
In the Middle of No Where 2011
Vintage Punk Rock & Roll 2014
These guys are another band that I really like. They list their influences as : Social Distortion, Motorhead, The Reverend Horton Heat, Johnny Cash, The Koffin Kats and many others.
I must admit I am a bit smitten ny Krista and her awesome bass slapping ability.

I own Dont Trust the Girl, No Mercy & Saints and Sinners ....all of which rock ... have just ordered Vintage Punk Rock & Roll

Last edited:

Vader

Reaction score

THE SILVER SHINE
I Sold My Soul For Rock & Roll .... and Blood Countess Live @ the Sziget Festival in Hungary

Vader

Reaction score
Really great stuff with the Wolfgangs & the Silver Shine! Thanks !!! I will be getting this stuff soon!

Cool :grinthumb

Glad to see others here who appreciate this brand of high octane Rock & Roll.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online