PSYCHOBILLY, PUNKABILLY, HELLBILLY and related wayward travelers

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Austin Lounge Lizards

You can classify this band as "Wayward Wanderers". Their music is pure insanity and the album covers are fantastic!

B000000FCF.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
AustinLoungeCD.jpg
41FPYBNDR3L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

austin-lizards1cov.jpg
Austin_Lounge_Lizards-Employee_Of_The_Mon_3.jpg

album-the-drugs-i-need.jpg

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I think I need to help you recover from tha hillbilly invasion from my last post, so..........I now present you with an awesome hellbilly/psychobilly band

Devil's Brigade

This band formed in 2000 as a side project by the bassist of Rancid, Matt Freeman. The band has done numerous gigs, and finally released their eponymous debut album this year (2010) on Hellcat Records. This album began as a concept album then got a bit sidetracked and ended with 6 songs from their demo.

Devils_Brigade_Cover.jpg

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Good stuff Joe and Magic :grinthumb

I like all of it ..listened to every video while I was cooking and then eating my dinner.
Astro Man was great ! Love the whole Sci Fi theme and the third and the fourth videos especially. The 3rd video reminded me of my old GF and our love for those funny little things that grow in cowpies :heheh:

Austin Lounge Lizards are great too ,Magic. Really like the Floyd cover ,Too Big To Fail and that messed up song about prescription drugs lol ..I love Hillbilly stuff with that attitude as you might have guess from my Pine Box Boys post.

Devil's Brigade was also really cool. Loved the rhythm section especially on Darlene and Ride Harley Ride

Last edited:

joe

Reaction score
sport.jpg

From the surf capitol of the world, Toronto, comes Shadowy Men From A Shadowy Planet. Merging punk and surf to create an energetic original sound. Canadians will know the song "Having An Average Wekkend" from the show "The Kids In The Hall". Three albums and one EP released in the late '80's/early '90's.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Gutter Demons are absolutley great!

Yeehaw!

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
WSRC016.jpg

Here's a raw UK Neo-Rockabilly band that I like quite a lot

JACK RABBIT SLIM :
2005 Sin-Uendo
2007 From the Waist Down
2008 Sleaze-A-Billy
2009 Hairdos & Heartaches

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Splatcats

Splatcats were an underground garage band of wayward wanderers from Buffalo, NY that were definitely psycho. They were active in the 80's and opened for bands like Goo Goo Dolls, Hoodoo Gurus, and the Ramones. This band is extremely trashy and brash, but totally fun to listen to.

discograhpy:

1988 - Feelin' Bitchy
1987 - Sin 73
1987 - Sandy, Candy & Hank
1986 - Splatcats

61NQKT0K7YL._SS500_.jpg

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
I cant believe it.....just checking out the excellent Jack Rabbit Slim only to find the band played my home town earlier this year...:wa missed them.Grrr...sob
They were playing a rocknroll festival and by the you tube vids look in fine form!! Another band playing were a band our guitarist Rob has been raving about CARMEN GHIA AND THE HOTRODS.
If its happening again next year I will leave my black gothy clothes in the wardrobe,grease my hair back n rock !!!:grinthumb:cheers2

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online