Popular artist you can't stand

Vince-Neil0

Back Door Man
Reaction score
I'm sorry for my list being so long, but I've been waiting all my life for someone to ask me this question.

LMFAO - Everyone seems to think these 'guys' are catchy, and their lyrics are Funny or Silly or whatever. But their lyrics make next to no sense, there ain't anything poetic or even worth reading about them. Their music is hopeless, and they seem to think they're rockstars. Not to mention they stole their main dance move from Janet Jackson's Rhythm Nation

Ke$ha - Autotune, no musical talent, need I say more ?
Lady Gaga ^ Same thing
Miley Cyrus ^ Again
Justin Bieber and One Direction ^ Not to mention taking adventage of preteen girls to get famous.
Katy Perry ^ I don't even know why they need their own names to be honest
Usher ^
Rihanna ^
Maddona - Who needs clothes anymore right ? And besides that she has never had any vocal abilities, her lyrics are basic and quite frankly offensive if she even writes for herself. And not too mention suddenly she is 'back' and she beats Elton John for a grammy or some sort of award. Yet she has people leaving her concerts before they are over. While Elton John is just as good as ever.

Prince - He just discusts me in more way then I care too say.

Whitney Housten - Alright I have never been able to see what all the fus is about with her. Her vocal ability isn't THAT good and in most of her songs it is pretty much absent. And her BIGGEST hit happens to be a cover of a Dolly Parton song that I reckon she butchered.

Korn, and Limp Bizkit - Both of them are horrible and give heavy metal (even though I do not at all count them heavy metal) A bad name. And not to mention Limp Bizkit had the hide to cover a Who song. And god knows what else they covered and butchered.
SlipKnot, Bullet For My Valentine and Avenged Sevenfold ^

Asking Alexandria, Black Veil Brides, Escape the Fate, Bring Me the Horizion, and Devil Wears Prada and 95% of other Metalcore, Post hardcore and Deathcore bands - Again more people who rip off heavy metal bands. And steal things off other bands and eachother constantly.

Dot Dot Curve, BrokenCyde, And Blood On the Dance Floor - Alright, I wouldn't even get me started on this. I just want to say if a band as bad as Blood On the Dance Floor ever uses a Michael Jackson song title for their band name I'll flip out.

Enimen, Little Wayne, Little John, Kanye West, Nicki Minaj, Flo Rider, Snoop Dogg, 50 Cent, P Diddy, Dr. Dre and TuPac - Not too mention that more than half the rappers I just mentioned can't even rap.

Justin Timblelake and Chris Brown - They're a disgrace to R&B and surprisingly they can't dance, yet they learned from Michael Jackson
Beyonce
George Michael - Even though I will admit I do quite enjoy his song Careless Whispers
Take That, Backstreet Boys, Boy Zone, and Boys 2 Men
The Jonas Brothers
Anthrax's newer music is pretty crappy, but I still have alot of respect for their first few albums
Reece Mastin - Bloody disapointment.
Johnny Ruffo
Taio Cruz
Linkin Park
Adele
Jason Druelo
Mike Posner
Sex Pistol
Black Flag
Blink 182, Good Charlotte, Sum 41, Sr 71, Attack! Attack!, Hot Chelle Rae.
ALMOST FORGOT Billy Ray Cyrus. Britney Spears, P!nk, Gwen Stefani, and The Offsprings.

That's not even the half of it but I'm getting stressed out and need to take a walk and get a tea.

Vince-Neil0

Back Door Man
Reaction score
That doesn't even scratch the surfice of what I don't like friend. That's just the first things that came to mind.

Not to mention there is a fair bit more then just modern pop and hip hop there, but I'll forgive you if you didn't read it all. I probably wouldn't have either.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
I did read it all. I only addressed the pop and hip hop parts though. Seems you had it all covered there is what I am saying. :D

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
I understand your point, but at the same time I don't think acts like LMFAO are really trying to be poetic, so you just kind of have to take them (or not) for what they are. They're not trying to be something they're not IMO. I give them credit for that.

Compare them to Justin Bieber, who went all "acoustic" one time trying to be more profound. That I can't stand. :rolleyes:

P.S. people walking out of Madonna concerts? I hadn't heard that. Her MDNA tour was a massive success. If people are leaving, it's because they're offended by her crazy actions, not for something lacking in her music. I don't doubt the walking out didn't happen. She has been outrageous lately and as a massive fanatic of hers it's been hard for me to come to terms with her behavior as of late.

Vince-Neil0

Back Door Man
Reaction score
I understand your point, but at the same time I don't think acts like LMFAO are really trying to be poetic, so you just kind of have to take them (or not) for what they are. They're not trying to be something they're not IMO. I give them credit for that.

Compare them to Justin Bieber, who went all "acoustic" one time trying to be more profound. That I can't stand. :rolleyes:

P.S. people walking out of Madonna concerts? I hadn't heard that. Her MDNA tour was a massive success. If people are leaving, it's because they're offended by her crazy actions, not for something lacking in her music. I don't doubt the walking out didn't happen. She has been outrageous lately and as a massive fanatic of hers it's been hard for me to come to terms with her behavior as of late.

Well yeah, I understand that. But that doesn't really change the fact that they aren't really good at anything musical. And if they use mostly autotune. They don't really use real instruments. And they can't even write or use good lyrics then what do they have ?

I perfer Justin Bieber go accoustic and without Autotune and sound terrible then have autotune and all of that stuff and probably sound worse.

And as for Madonna. I've never liked her from start, and I don't like her now. And she along with others such as Mariah Carey and Sheryl Crow had a hand in making Popular music what it is today in my opinion, which I don't exactly respect. But that's my opinion mostly.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Modern pop and hip hop are nothing more than entertainment really. I don't expect any of them to use instruments... how often do you hear of "pop bands"? You don't, because its a different genre with different expectations and norms. It's like expecting a rock band to hire a choreographer and dance on stage... you can't realistically expect that. Apples and oranges I say.

And at least Sheryl can play. :)

Vince-Neil0

Back Door Man
Reaction score
Code:
Modern pop and hip hop are nothing more than entertainment really. I don't expect any of them to use instruments... how often do you hear of "pop bands"? You don't, because its a different genre with different expectations and norms. It's like expecting a rock band to hire a choreographer and dance on stage... you can't realistically expect that. Apples and oranges I say.

And at least Sheryl can play. :)

Well for an example pop stars like Michael Jackson, Kate Bush(even though I ain't a fan of her) and other artists like that would have people play instruments for them in the concerts and studio. And even Prince plays the guitar. Bee Gees play instruments and are widely considered a pop band

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Artists like that are few and far between, and there's a difference between playing an instrument yourself and have others play for you. And if we go there a lot of contemporary pop acts are also doing that I have noticed, but again the norm is not to do so.

But I do get what you are saying. Most is done by computer.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murphy_orrest

Staff online

Members online