Pop Levi

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
POP LEVI.......Now heres a talented chap ! Jonathan Pop Levi ....looking like a young Ringo Starr[ :heheh: must be the beard ] this guy is a good solid song writer/record producer and now a film maker! :****:
His music is a variation of glam/psychedelic/pop and was previously bass player with LADYTRON
I came across his music by chance on a psychedelic compilation album ...a track "Blue honey " which stood out...mistakingly thinking it could be an early 70s rock band Id never heard of :peek Check them out !!

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Jonathan Pop Levi was born in London Uk,but resided in Liverpool for most of his career.He has since moved to the U.S .

POP LEVI .........Discography. Numerous singles, but just 2 albums to date

The return to form Black Magick party 2007
Never never love 2008

Heres a video that amuses me where he uses teddy bears to sing in 60s beach boys style....love it when he shakes his head at them in disbelief :heheh:

The more recent POP LEVI material is more 80s influenced....this sounds like a track PRINCE would have done in the" Purple rain" era. Still...its well done

POP LEVIs film " You gotta run " was shown on the 37th Festival Nouveau Cinema in Montreal 2008.......and owns World Empire Inc production company. His future looks a bright one

Attachments

• pop-levi-lg.jpg
    pop-levi-lg.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 77

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score
Thanks Lou for directing me to this thread,

I like this..interesting mix ...HE DOES look like Ritchie...lol ??

Um , I think it sounds like sorta CREAM -ish music-wise..with a Marc Bolan style of vocals..kinda has that sassy thing like Marc

I like this alot...another scouser to like ? lol Cool ..gonna listen to a bit more...

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Just spotted this Lou! I really like his sound, great stuff :grinthumb

Is it just me or does he looks uncannily like Serge Pizzorno from Kasabian?

Look even the same floral background theme going on...

Seperated at birth I reckon!

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
:heheh: Ive always thought Serge looks like my son Jason !!....but yes Tray, he does look similar :grinthumb
Astrids right to spot POP LEVIs ....Bolan influences check out this glamtastic song dedicated to the man himself and ex wife June Child

A change in style for this song ,very commercial pop but yet again very well done

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score
Cool Video Lou :)
I've never seen so many pics of Julia Child before either..

wow he really has the Bolan twangy tone ..

thanks for sharing this :)

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score
sooo good Lou ! I think is a new album cd pick up for me !

I still think theres a Ringo look with Bolan music sound lol..oddly works for me too ty !

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online