Poison to release "Double Dose Of Poison"

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score
Exactly, for their true fans! I like there music fine but stop riding the coattails of the past! :bonk:

Poison is an'ok' band of the Hairband era
I've never was overly impressed by them then

I saw them in a three band gig in 1989 with Tesla and Warrant..they were terrible ,actually Tesla was the only band that was good/they were awesome !

Anyway, I never got WHY they still puff on but I guess they have alot of loyal fans and Bret still has a huge fanbase of ladies that find him attractive

but everytime he soaks the Poison legend it weakens my respect for Poison as a band and I really get annoyed by his love affair with the media (Rock Of Love, Donald Trump thing etc) The health issues he has i feel sorry for him on a human level and wish him no harm BUT he's a bad diabetic and if he continues to 'party' like he's 20 years old..I can only feel so much empathy for him ...just my opinion here..

I guess that people who love Poison will buy whatever they put out and they are banking on that
but I think if they truly want be respected they should put out some new music

I doubt they care tho..

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
^^^ Good post Astrid!! :clap:

I also think in light of their last few products that new music is in order for their fans. :grinthumb

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
I guess that people who love Poison will buy whatever they put out and they are banking on that
but I think if they truly want be respected they should put out some new music

I doubt they care tho..[/COLOR]

Poison's last "original" studio album came out in 2002. Named Hollyweird. It was very lazy and uninspired. I would know, I promoted the shit out of it on the radio to help out one of the old hair bands.

I played that son of a bitch record tirelessly just to support them. That's what I do/did with bands I used to be fond of. Granted, it had a couple good songs but everything else was dicey and the two good songs on the record paled in comparison to their "best" stuff.

For starters, CC Deville was allowed to sing lead vocals on not one but TWO songs on that record in 2002, both of which were awful.

Why?

Well, a condition for him returning to Poison in the late 90's was that he be allowed to sing at least one or two songs per studio album from here on in. This is a very little known (and 100% true) tidbit that is rarely discussed. Deville worked that deal out with Bret Michaels and I've been told by someone who manages artists (who doesn't manage Poison) that it is in a contract laying around somewhere.

It was either give in and let CC take over more of a role in Poison, otherwise they would have been forced to carry on with replacement guitarists which would have forever prohibited them from doing an "original lineup" reunion.

Since 2002, they've done nothing but cover songs, live releases and greatest hits stuff. Not including various solo projects from the members, which to me don't even count. However, even leading up to that record in 2002, Poison was already getting pretty lazy.

In 1993, they recorded a studio album called Native Tongue. Between 1993-2002, they released one greatest hits album around 1996 (their very first one), they also recorded a full studio album that was finished but rotted on the shelves for around five years before their label Capitol finally allowed it to be released. That album was called Crack A Smile. It only got released because the greatest hits album from '96 sold over a million copies, Capitol remembered they had a finished studio album from Poison still laying around and decided they should cash in.

That's an odd point considering Capitol declined to release the album after Poison initially recorded it because it was the middle of the grunge era and they assumed it wasn't going to sell worth dick.

Aside from this, in 1999, Poison issued a live album called Power to the People which happened to have five new studio songs on there, including a song sung by CC Deville who had just rejoined the band a short time before.

So in a nine year period, Poison cut about an album and a half worth of material which included an album that was unreleased for years and also a collection of filler songs for a live record.

That says all you need to know.

Last edited:

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score
Poison's last "original" studio album came out in 2002. Named Hollyweird. It was very lazy and uninspired. I would know, I promoted the shit out of it on the radio to help out one of the old hair bands.

I played that son of a bitch record tirelessly just to support them. That's what I do/did with bands I used to be fond of. Granted, it had a couple good songs but everything else was dicey and the two good songs on the record paled in comparison to their "best" stuff.

For starters, CC Deville was allowed to sing lead vocals on not one but TWO songs on that record in 2002, both of which were awful.

Why?

Well, a condition for him returning to Poison in the late 90's was that he be allowed to sing at least one or two songs per studio album from here on in. This is a very little known (and 100% true) tidbit that is rarely discussed. Deville worked that deal out with Bret Michaels and I've been told by someone who manages artists (who doesn't manage Poison) that it is in a contract laying around somewhere.

It was either give in and let CC take over more of a role in Poison, otherwise they would have been forced to carry on with replacement guitarists which would have forever prohibited them from doing an "original lineup" reunion.

Since 2002, they've done nothing but cover songs, live releases and greatest hits stuff. Not including various solo projects from the members, which to me don't even count. However, even leading up to that record in 2002, Poison was already getting pretty lazy.

In 1993, they recorded a studio album called Native Tongue. Between 1993-2002, they released one greatest hits album around 1996 (their very first one), they also recorded a full studio album that was finished but rotted on the shelves for around five years before their label Capitol finally allowed it to be released. That album was called Crack A Smile. It only got released because the greatest hits album from '96 sold over a million copies, Capitol remembered they had a finished studio album from Poison still laying around and decided they should cash in.

That's an odd point considering Capitol declined to release the album after Poison initially recorded it because it was the middle of the grunge era and they assumed it wasn't going to sell worth dick.

Aside from this, in 1999, Poison issued a live album called Power to the People which happened to have five new studio songs on there, including a song sung by CC Deville who had just rejoined the band a short time before.

So in a nine year period, Poison cut about an album and a half worth of material which included an album that was unreleased for years and also a collection of filler songs for a live record.

That says all you need to know.

:heheh:Well there you go..sorry you had all that trauma trying to help them

It sounds like 'they don't care' is on the mark then..thats sad ..

It's no secret I'm NOT a Bret Michaels ,fan but they had marginal success and a wee bit of talent in Poison...for a while..and other bands have rode the use to be lethal thing..but it really seems that their lazy imo..and thats prob why they annoy me ..

anyway again.thanks for your data..it's interesting

I never got past the first album ...:)

Lady ::heheh: :heheh:

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
I can barely metabolize "Look What the Cat Dragged In" before I go into anaphylactic shock, let alone a double-disc of Poison's bullshittery.

As an expert Poison listener and part-time fan who used to own the whole discography up until a few years ago, I can assure you that a double-disc collection of Poison can get pretty rough.

Take this particular greatest hits album, for example, which is about to be released. On this record, the waters start getting very choppy by the second disc. Track #8 is about the only one on disc two that I consider to be "good" and that song was done during Poison's brief attempt to experiment with a blues-rock style when they had a new guitarist in the band.

Stone River

Banned
Reaction score
Native Tongue was the best thing Poison ever did and actually showed that the band had some talent (even if the vast majority was Kotzen).

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
poisondouble.jpg

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member