Poison to release "Double Dose Of Poison"

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
blabbermouth:

POISON Singer Comments On 'Double Dose' Collection - Mar. 17, 2011
To celebrate POISON's 25th anniversary, 35 of the multi-platinum band's top hits and fan favorites have been gathered for "Double Dose Of Poison: Ultimate Hits", a new career-spanning 2CD and digital collection to be released May 3 by Capitol/EMI.

"Double Dose Of Poison: Ultimate Hits" features all of the band's charting singles, including the #1 smash ballad "Every Rose Has Its Thorn", Top 10 hits "Nothin' But A Good Time", "Unskinny Bop" and "Something To Believe In", and other big hits and fan favorites, including "Talk Dirty To Me", "I Want Action", "Your Mama Don't Dance", "Fallen Angel", "Ride The Wind" and many more, including standouts from the band's most recent album, 2007's "Poison'd!"

"Between 'Double Dose Of Poison' and the 25th-anniversary tour, I honestly can't think of a better way to mark this major milestone," says POISON's singer Bret Michaels. "I'm so excited to get back out on the road with the band again to celebrate — and 'Double Dose' is going to be such a must-have collection: All the hits in one place. This is going to be really special for all of the fans — and especially for all of those who have been with us since Day One."

POISON's highly-anticipated tour with MÖTLEY CRÜE and the NEW YORK DOLLS kicks off June 7 at Dallas' Gexa Energy Pavilion, before continuing on to more than 30 other cities and major venues across North America, including Los Angeles' Hollywood Bowl on June 14, Toronto's Molson Amphitheatre on June 28, Detroit's DTE Energy Music Center on June 29, and Chicago's FMB Amphitheatre on July 1.

"Double Dose Of Poison: Ultimate Hits" track listing:

Disc One:

01. Talk Dirty To Me
02. I Want Action
03. I Won't Forget You
04. Cry Tough
05. Look What The Cat Dragged In
06. Nothin' But A Good Time
07. Fallen Angel
08. Every Rose Has Its Thorn
09. Your Mama Don't Dance
10. Unskinny Bop
11. Rock And Roll All Nite
12. Ride The Wind
13. Something To Believe In
14. Life Goes On
15. Stand
16. The Last Song
17. Shooting Star

Disc Two:

01. We're An American Band
02. So Tell Me Why
03. No More Lookin' Back [live]
04. Can't You See
05. Little Willy
06. Suffragette City
07. Look But You Can't Touch
08. Until You Suffer Some (Fire And Ice)
09. Bastard Son Of A Thousand Blues
10. Lay Your Body Down
11. Sexual Thing
12. (Flesh & Blood) Sacrifice
13. What I Like About You
14. Love On The Rocks
15. Face The Hangman
16. Livin' For The Minute
17. Cover Of The Rolling Stone
18. Poor Boy Blues

Stone River

Banned
Reaction score
Sorry, but a band like Poison doesn't need a 2 CD Greatest Hits. Many of the songs listed were not hits and don't need to be there.

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
Sorry, but a band like Poison doesn't need a 2 CD Greatest Hits. Many of the songs listed were not hits and don't need to be there.

Generally to make fans who care about the band happy, a band does have to pack a greatest hits collection with stuff that wasn't necessarily released as a single or music video.

Many bands also feel obligated to make sure every single album they've done, at least in the studio, gets represented with at least a song or two, even if the album was a total flop.

This thing here just happens to have a buttload of b-sides, cover songs and quite frankly WAAAAAY too many songs from their first three albums, even if those albums were their most popular ones.

But it does also, at first glance, cover every single album Poison has ever recorded, which is better than most bands do when putting together their greatest hits. Besides, I know Poison pretty well and it is a bitch finding a couple of the b-sides that made it onto this album. At least if you try to get them on cd from the original singles.

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
They need to put out new music!! Their last album (although pretty good) was a covers album. :mn:

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
The problem is that like Aerosmith and Kiss, Poison has finally discovered that you can sell around 300,000 to 500,000 copies of a greatest hits album right out of the chute, even if you've already flooded the market with them.

Poison's more recent studio albums have mostly sold 150k or less, at least in the US.

It simply makes more sense for them financially to continue releasing compilations.

Sadly, it is probably the same 500,000 people buying each of the greatest hits albums that Poison has continued to churn out.

Let's just hope AC/DC never discovers this formula, they are one of the only "major" bands I can think of who hasn't gone down this road to the same level that Poison, Motley Crue, Kiss and Aerosmith have.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Let's just hope AC/DC never discovers this formula, they are one of the only "major" bands I can think of who hasn't gone down this road to the same level that Poison, Motley Crue, Kiss and Aerosmith have.

Nah, AC/DC doesn't have to do that, they simply keep putting out albums of new music that sound just like every album before it. :oyea:

Before anyone (who doesn't know me) jumps my shit, I say that as a big fan of AC/DC. Generically speaking, all of their music sounds the same, but it still rocks, and that's all I care about.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online