Pink Floyd Reportedly Set to Release New Album This Fall

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
A lot of news sites are reporting this now.

So I take it that this is gonna be unreleased outtakes from the Division Bell sessions?? Not really a new album now, is it? Leave it to Gilmour's wife to hype it thru' the roof!

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
^^ My thoughts exactly, but at least we all took it with a grain of salt. Some leftover material being released still sounds good to me, but it sure ain't quite as big news as if it was a brand new studio album (never gonna happen obviously).

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Not sure what to make of all this fuss over a few outtakes David & Company will update and release as a 'new' album. Guess I'll wait till it's released before deciding whether to get it or not.:hm:

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
I'm with you LG. I mean, maybe the material will be great. But they just released a huge Division Bell box set, wouldn't that have been the proper venue for this material? That's what basically any other band would have done.

And while most bands have released some silly albums, I happen to think Floyd's discography is pretty flawless. Must we defile it with a mislabeled outtakes album? Especially after that perfect swansong we had at Live 8?

Plus if they want to make a "Pink Floyd" album they need to ask Roger to join them. 99% chance he will decline anyway since it's not his material, but they owe it to him to at least ask. Rog & Dave had been on decent terms but I'm betting that's out the door now. Maybe more info will arise about this but I doubt it.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I tend to agree with you about asking Roger if he wanted to participate but then again after all the hard feelings they experienced all those years ago there is too much history to forget completely so David and Roger have worked out a relationship where they talk occasionally but getting together for a full fledged PF project will never happen.

It's funny David could write enough songs for a new PF album but from what I understand he's of the opinion PF died when Richard Wright passed away a few years ago and he has no intention of carrying on without him. Rerecording/mixing old outtakes is different but like you I don't want to see them diminish an outstanding body of work either but just lobbing a curiosity out there.

metalife

Reaction score
The Division Bell was a great album, I love it. If this new album is left overs from these sessions I'll be happy to hear it.

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
I'm with you LG. I mean, maybe the material will be great. But they just released a huge Division Bell box set, wouldn't that have been the proper venue for this material? That's what basically any other band would have done.

I know what you mean. But the truth is that if they had included these outtakes in that overpriced Division Bell box set, I sure as hell wouldn't have bought it. If it is released as a separate item titled The Endless River, there's much more chance of my wallet being able to afford the damn thing! :D

But yea, why market/tweet it as a new album when it is only outtakes from a previous album? Maybe we're jumping the gun and should wait for more details. lol.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
The Division Bell was a great album, I love it. If this new album is left overs from these sessions I'll be happy to hear it.

Yes I love the Division Bell myself Metalife, but when it comes to outtakes/demos/songs not good enough to make the Final Cut, then I can count on one hand with fingers left over how many CD's with bonus tracks I consider worthwhile. I like the finished versions that make it to the pressing room generally.;)

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Craqdi

Members online

No members online now.