Pink Floyd Reportedly Set to Release New Album This Fall

Johnny-Too-Good

Reaction score
Bought my copy today on it's UK release. I wasn't sure what I would think of it, but I've got to tell you guys, I'm loving it! Some would say this is the Floyd returning to the kind of pieces they were doing pre DSOTM. I love the idea that it is virtually an instrumental album. In fact I think they should have made it entirely instrumental, leaving the vocal of the final track (Louder Than Words). This is a great way for Pink Floyd to sign off.

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Bought my copy today on it's UK release. I wasn't sure what I would think of it, but I've got to tell you guys, I'm loving it! Some would say this is the Floyd returning to the kind of pieces they were doing pre DSOTM. I love the idea that it is virtually an instrumental album. In fact I think they should have made it entirely instrumental, leaving the vocal of the final track (Louder Than Words). This is a great way for Pink Floyd to sign off.

I got my copy on Friday and I couldn't agree more, Johnny. I've listened to it five or six times so far and I keep wanting to listen to it again. I really like "Louder Than Words", but it actually feels more like a bonus track in the context. They could easily have left it out, or have replaced it with one of bonus tracks on the Blu-Ray/DVD (which are all as good as the material on the actual album imo). It wouldn't have hurt the album.

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
I hate to say it, but I like it a lot. Definitely as good as Division Bell. Can't stand how everything is cut into 2 minute pieces though. Is there something wrong with long songs?

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Staff online

Members online