Pink Floyd (Official Thread)

Mulberry

Dancing With Mr D!
Reaction score
From Wiki: "The lyrics' tongue-in-cheek nature is further emphasised by Waters' assertion in the 2003 documentary Classic Albums: Pink Floyd – The Making of The Dark Side of the Moon that not letting people on such beautiful grass was the real insanity. Waters said that the particular patch of grass he had in mind when writing the song was to the rear of King's College, Cambridge"

20220102_125239.jpg

And from the back
20211126_155917.jpg

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Nice work man, it does give substance to songs etc... saw Floyd live several times... felt tension between them... ten men back in the mosh pit!
I will say i have appreciated Roger's truths about society of late....
I destroyed my Rod Stewart albums a while back.... others are also on the 'bonfire list'

Mulberry

Dancing With Mr D!
Reaction score
Nice work man, it does give substance to songs etc... saw Floyd live several times... felt tension between them... ten men back in the mosh pit!
I will say i have appreciated Roger's truths about society of late....
I destroyed my Rod Stewart albums a while back.... others are also on the 'bonfire list'
Why are you burning them mate?

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Rod the mod insisted his audience are all to have the state injectable and the rooster booster, to see him.. Joni Mitchell and Neil Young are next for "the night of the burning vinyl"
The stipulations around drinking fountains in the USA draw comparisons... and we know how well that went!
(plus hypo critic Rodney had a knees up, without face diapers for many many during restrictions in a swish nosh joint)
I'm tired of zillionaires who've made it by singing rebellion and then telling us what to do, whilst they live it up.... it will always be so I guess-

BeatleMatt

Reaction score
I just read an article and checked. Pink Floyd have released a number of early live performances to streaming services including Spotify.
I’m listening to Live At Southampton Guildhall, January 1972 now, complete with pops and crackles from vinyl transfer.

dr wu

Dr Prog
Reaction score
The official Pink Floyd thread so....don't know if this was posted ..didnt go thru 100 pages of posts....
the original PF before they took that name...... Tea Set then the The Pink Floyd Sound.
1677849667672-png.png
Syd Barrett - Lead Vocals, Rhythm Guitar Roger Waters - Bass Rick Wright - Harmonica Bob Klose - Lead Guitar Nick Mason- Drums

Last edited:

dr wu

Dr Prog
Reaction score
Rarely play Floyd these days.....heard Dark Side far too many times.
If I play any its usually early ones like Meddle and Atom Heart...the early psych stuff is still fun at times.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online