Pink Floyd - Favorite Song?

rbowman

Young, Classic Rock Lover
Reaction score
Re: Favorite Pink Floyd Song

I know that we are mostly talking about post-waters floyd, but The dark side of the moon was certainly their best album. Us and Them is just such a great song

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

To pick a favorite Pink Floyd song has to begin with an album, and my favorite album is Dark Side of The Moon. This album contains so many awesome songs, but I believe my all time favorite off the album is "Money" or "Us and Them".

Masherbrum

Riding the Steel Breeze
Reaction score

Hmm...:think:

I'd have to disagree. I wouldn't ever call "Set Controls for the Heart of the Sun" a "crowing achievement". I think a good number of their songs are better.

It most certainly was. It (and A Saucerful of Secrets) paved the way for the "Atom Heart Mother Suite", "Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast", "Echoes" and the later "free form" tunes off of WYWH and Animals.

Set The Controls allowed them to feed off of each other and get the most out of their instruments.

Cosmic, you need to purchase Live at Pompeii. In 1972 they were still playing these songs. They used techniques from both tunes and applied them to then current tunes.

rbowman

Young, Classic Rock Lover
Reaction score

It most certainly was. It (and A Saucerful of Secrets) paved the way for the "Atom Heart Mother Suite", "Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast", "Echoes" and the later "free form" tunes off of WYWH and Animals.

Set The Controls allowed them to feed off of each other and get the most out of their instruments.

Cosmic, you need to purchase Live at Pompeii. In 1972 they were still playing these songs. They used techniques from both tunes and applied them to then current tunes.

I have Live at Pompeii, very good and it is great to see the way they developed songs like eclipse and Us and Them.

Smoke The Sky

Reaction score

Hey you. It's far far away from being only a "song" to me, as if it's sang from the inside of me...

ishu161

Reaction score

Floyd has too many great songs for me to choose a favourite, but i do like Shine on you Crazy Diamond a lot more than the others...

but i guess it depends on the mood, sometimes it feels really good listening to 'echoes', but sometimes i just fall asleep in about 6 mins into the song :D

hey you, and comfortably numb, i can listen at anytime,anyplace.....

ishu161

Reaction score

hey salmacis,i have no idea about the image and the lines in your sig.....can u tell me??

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OEITrinida

Members online