Pink Floyd - Favorite Song?

rbowman

Young, Classic Rock Lover
Reaction score
Re: Favorite Pink Floyd Song

Post- Waters Pink Floyd is ~still~ Pink Floyd.

Both of those albums are very good albums, regardless of what some people may think.

No, I totally agree with you. I was just saying that some idiots can't see past the fact that David Gilmour was the lead singer rather than Waters.

architect

Supine In The Sunshine
Reaction score

These are my two favorite post Waters Floyd songs

The Knebworth '90 version is the best

rbowman

Young, Classic Rock Lover
Reaction score

I had never heard Marooned, Very good, thanks

Masherbrum

Riding the Steel Breeze
Reaction score

Echoes is tops for me.

Others:

Fat Old Sun
Wot's Uh, the Deal?
The Gold, it's in the
Green is the Colour
Fearless
The Narrow Way (I-III)
Poles Apart
On The Turning Away
One of These Days (especially off of Delicate)
Unknown Song from Zabriskie Point (how this never ended up on an album is beyond me)

Point Me at the Sky
Come in Number 51, Your time is up
Heart Beat, Pig Meat
Summer 68
A Saucerful of Secrets
Sheep

The least fav. PF album for me is The Final Cut. No Rick and Nick doesn't drum on Two Suns. Just a crappy time for a Band's "leader" that got too far ahead of himself. Especially when the person he canned tuned his Bass from 66-70.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

I had never heard Marooned, Very good, thanks

"Marooned" precedes and is combined with "The Great Gig In The Sky" of the "Echoes: The Best Of Pink Floyd" album to great effect.

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score

I like Syd Barret era Pink Floyd but it was "Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun" that was Floyd's crowning achievement and that was recorded without Syd. Pink Floyd didn't come close to equalling "Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun" until "Another Brick in the Wall".

:****:

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

Hmm...:think:

I'd have to disagree. I wouldn't ever call "Set Controls for the Heart of the Sun" a "crowing achievement". I think a good number of their songs are better.

Džedaj

Groovy as hell.
Reaction score

I like Syd Barret era Pink Floyd but it was "Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun" that was Floyd's crowning achievement and that was recorded without Syd. Pink Floyd didn't come close to equalling "Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun" until "Another Brick in the Wall".

:****:

Period when they created STCFTHOTS was, for me, definately crowning achievement. I just love experimentalism and psychedelic vibe they had when creating Saurceful, Ummagumma, Atom Heart M., More and Meddle. Later they became too spacey - but still awesome and brilliant - losing their acoustic on DSOTM, then back regaining it in another form on Wish You Were Here.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online