Pink Floyd - Favorite Song?

b.o.b.

Reaction score
Re: Favorite Pink Floyd Song

Echoes for me too :grinthumb. This song is breathtaking :bow:.

architect

Supine In The Sunshine
Reaction score

Oh man! This goes way back to sibling rivalry between one of my older brothers and myself. He liked The Guess Who, and I didn't. He liked Bruce Springsteen, I would never. He liked a group named Pot lLiquor from somewhere near Florida when he was in the navy and I didn't get it. His utmost fave, along with led Zeppelin (I can tolerate some of it) is Floyd. I never bothered to tune in because he was mad out of his gourd over it. That was good enough for me to stay away. Even Gilmore's solo stuff turned me off. I will re-venture back to it to give it a new listen to re-acquaint myself.:peek

You should re-aquaint yourself with the Floyd because it really is brilliant stuff. I'm biased though, I'm like your brother in that i'm pretty much obsessed with Pink Floyd. I tend to like the early period, before Dark Side, best.

But don't base your like or dislike of them on brotherly squabbles. Besides, there is a lot more to the Floyd than Dark Side of The Moon and The Wall! :D

As for David Gilmour's solo work, I can definitley see how About Face would have turned anyone off, but his first effort in 1978 is quite an enjoyable listen. I reccommend it!

rtbuck

Reaction score

I've got to go with "Comfortably Numb" although I do love "In the Flesh"(The 2nd one on the Wall"}

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

As for David Gilmour's solo work, I can definitley see how About Face would have turned anyone off, but his first effort in 1978 is quite an enjoyable listen. I reccommend it!

His first solo album is good, and so was his latest one "On An Island".

Džedaj

Groovy as hell.
Reaction score

I'm like your brother in that i'm pretty much obsessed with Pink Floyd. I tend to like the early period, before Dark Side, best.

You couldn't said it better. It's the same thing I think too. Post-Syd-pre-DSOTM Floyds are best. I like every period of them (as 4 member band and without inner-group-solo-albums aka Final Cut) but PSPD period is really their finest :grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^I respectfully disagree DZ, from Meddle forward is the Prime Pink Floyd era, that is the signature sound of the band to me. The early incarnation doesn't hold a candle to the Mk II line-up for me.

Džedaj

Groovy as hell.
Reaction score

^^I respectfully disagree DZ, from Meddle forward is the Prime Pink Floyd era, that is the signature sound of the band to me. The early incarnation doesn't hold a candle to the Mk II line-up for me.

Yeah, that's for sure. 1973-1978 were golden times for them and they were at highest peak of career, but I somehow enjoy in less coventional sound of Saucerful,More,Obscured,Atom Heart Mother and Meddle, ofcourse. Although I REALLY LOVE all albums and DSOTM and Wish You Were Here are my top 2 albums of all time, but I just think in pre-DSOTM era they played and thought differently and I like it.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Nothing wrong with liking early Floyd, but I just feel their most lasting music came in the era I like the best.:grinthumb

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

I like every period of them (as 4 member band and without inner-group-solo-albums aka Final Cut)

I've said it before and I'll keep saying it; I like "The Final Cut". People trash that album way more than they should.

I just think in pre-DSOTM era they played and thought differently and I like it.

Well that would be because of Syd for those first two album and then after that they basically had no idea what they were trying to do until "Meddle".