Paul McCartney (Official Thread)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to the "Rockshow" BluRay. What I'd really like to see is a BluRay release of their Australia '75 tour. I've seen a filmed concert of various lengths (a Japanese T.V. version, an uncut, complete version, a version with soundboard quality audio, etc). I'd really like to see the official release of that. I'm hoping it will be included as bonus material when the "Venus and Mars" reissue comes out.

Yeah that would be nice!!! I'm really looking forward to the Rockshow Blu Ray on this end!

:woot: :pullhair: :woot:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Not sure about getting the "Rockshow" Blu Ray, but I did manage to find a very nice used vinyl copy of Venus & Mars on Sunday at Terry's shop. Band on the Run and Venus & Mars will always be my 2 favorite Macca/Wings albums. Back then Wings was the biggest name in Rock and Roll and Wings Over America the 3 album live edition documented their most successful tour.

SLP_3475.jpg

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
"Venus" is a strong disc with the usual Macca melody circus in full swing.Even this offering,which isn't even considered on of his best two or three should stand testament enough to his infinite gift of song.Now I know that making Linda a full fledged band mate may have been more out of spite for John Lennon including HIS wife in the act,but somehow,Paul and the engineers found wonderful ways to make her rather limited vocal harmony potential serve the tracks quite well,an endeavor even more successfully executed with Wings' previous work,and one of the seventies' greatest classics,"Band on the Run"."I find "Wings At the Speed of Sound" to be similarly delightful,but on "Mars",the effort seems a bit more inspired and evocative.I love "You Gave Me the Answer" with which Paul returned to his love of '30's style American jazz,a passion he also fervently expressed on "Honey Pie" from the White Album and,of course,the equally timeless whimsey of "Sgt. Pepper's" "When I'm Sixty-Four.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I find Linda eminently superior to Yoko Ono when it comes to...well everything.:heheh:

Paul and Linda were a true couple, dedicated to each other and their family. Granted she was limited when it came to musical talent, but being together on tour seemed to work for both of them. When Paul left the Beatles, it was Linda's money that kept them going until the legal details were settled with Apple/EMI. I was really saddened when she passed away from cancer, I don't think Paul will ever find another to take her place but wish him luck with his current relationship.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I don't get the vocal thing with Linda at all. She was far from being the greatest vocalist but it's not like she sang lead...except for Cook Of The House....I don't think those records would have sounded the same way without her background vocals....it gave all those albums style.

I don't even wanna hear about isolated vocals live, I already know this. Her background vocals in the studio made Macca and Wings sound good, unique and original.

Something that I really found missing in later albums after her passing.

:grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^It's a very very good live album MP,,,but I am holding out for a vinyl copy. The CD doesn't sound right to me. Definitely preserves the "high water mark" for Wings, they were the number one band in the world back then for a little while.:bow:

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
"Over America" was indeed a classic moment in rock concert lore,along with Woodstock,Monterey,Live Aid and,of course,the Beatles' performance at Shea in August of 1965.This looks like one HELL of a collector's set!

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rascal_212

Staff online

Members online