Paul McCartney (Official Thread)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
paul-mccartney-749290.jpg

2c4cf0dd76088f1c299780b76c4058c1_full.jpg

McCartney puts out a GREAT new album in 2001!! Driving Rain along with a KILLER tour that followed. This was a time when he was married to Heather and even though that didn't work out too well he still had a nice song written for her that made the album.

Like Flaming Pie, this is raw and honest. Tons of variety and a must have for anyone's music collection!!! Also we would be still looking at the same band that he has had now for the last 10-11 years. Rusty, Abe, Wix and Brian! Quite possibly the BEST band Sir Paul has ever had....and probably why they have lasted the longest!!

This was also the year that he released the song FREEDOM in the wake of 9-11

band.jpg

From A Lover To A Friend

Freedom

51r5vB8JTwL._SS500_.jpg

628x471.jpg

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

chaos_large.jpg

In 2005 Macca hit us with Chaos and Creation in the Backyard a fine collection of songs. Now I don't know about you all, but this is when I started thinking, man, he's really maturing as a songwriter....as if he wasn't mature enough already.

Hit or miss...like it or leave it...I love this album. Always will!!!

Fine Line

Too Much Rain

At The Mercy

Riding To Vanity Fair

max-vadukul-paul-mccartney-rolling-stone-no-985-october-2005.jpg

Paulnew2.jpg

B000AL730Y.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

McCartney+Releases+First+Ballet+Score+XZ3S7hKPB8Ll.jpg

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
MEMORYDOS.jpg

Next we move on to 2007's MEMORY ALMOST FULL!! This is a FUN album and highly experimental once again. The more I listen to this album, the more I love it. Paul here, get's a bit strange, a bit Beatle-y, a bit like WINGS and a little bit of McCartney 80's to boot.

I find it to be a smooth record and at the time a bit refreshing as there are some good rockers on this as well.

Dance Tonight

Ever Present Past

Only Mama Knows

End Of The End

paulmccartney460.jpg

402962b.jpg

517jZ%2BcXwOL.jpg

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Paul McCartney’s ‘Wings Over America’ Reissue to Kick Off With Theatrical ‘Rockshow’ Viewing

SOURCE LINK

Paul-McCartney1.jpg

Paul McCartney and Wings will reissue ‘Wings Over America‘ on May 28 in a number of different formats with a cornucopia of bonus features. However, the most intriguing prospect may be the May 15 theatrical release of ‘Rockshow,’ a live concert film shot in 1975 and 1976 during the Wings Over the World Tour.

‘Rockshow’ will be shown on 500 movie screens worldwide and include an introduction by McCartney. It will be released on DVD and Blu-ray on June 11 in a version that features the complete concert for the first time ever. ‘Rockshow’ was fully restored from the 35mm film and also features restored and re-mastered sound, including a 5.1 mix.

The reissue of ‘Wings Over America’ will be available in a Deluxe Box Set Edition that features a 2-disc, fully re-mastered version of the classic album. In addition, fans will find the 75-minute ‘Wings Over the World’ television special and a bonus audio disc of songs recorded live at San Francisco’s Cow Palace.

Four books come with the deluxe edition box set, including a 110-page commemorative book with interviews by music journalist David Fricke. There’s also a tour itinerary that includes photos, art work, tour posters and set lists. Linda McCartney’s photo book ‘Look’ finds McCartney and his band mates in every day life, and ‘The Ocean View’ contains sketches and drawings of Wings by artist Humphrey Ocean.

This remastered package is dedicated to the band’s late members, Linda McCartney and Jimmy McCulloch. Joe English and Denny Laine rounded out the band.

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
I have a few clips of Wings' tumultuous '75-'75 world tour as part of an awesome DVD set called "The McCartney Years"."There's "Venus and Mars/Rock Show","Jet","Bluebird" and "Lady Madonna" on there.Sure makes me hungry to watch the entire documentary when it comes out next month!

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I have the McCartney Years too and when I seen the minimal clips of Rockshow from the third disc I was all :wtf:

So I'm real happy for an official release on DVD/Bu Ray finally :grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
40 Years Ago: ‘James Paul McCartney’ TV Special Airs

JamesPaulMcCartney.jpg

SOURCE LINK

By 1973, Paul McCartney was enjoying a good run of post-Beatles triumphs, having secured a string of solo hits under his belt. Next stop, television! On April 16, ‘James Paul McCartney’ hit the US airwaves as a prime time variety special on ABC.

The idea behind the show was a showcase for the many talents of Mr. McCartney, and featured solo and Beatles material, as well as performances from his then-current band Wings. The show featured a mix of live performances, skits, and what amounted to pre-MTV type videos for certain songs. The evening opens up with little fanfare before Wings dish up a rocking rendition of ‘Big Barn Bed’ from the ‘Red Rose Speedway’ LP.

There are candid, if staged, moments featuring Linda McCartney photographing her hubby as he performs a solo acoustic set, and Paul with band members hanging out at a local pub, mingling with the regulars. With idyllic surroundings, the band perform their hit (yes it was a hit) take on ‘Mary Had A Little Lamb,’ while obscure favorites like ‘C Moon’ and ‘The Mess’ sit alongside hits like ‘My Love’ and a rousing and (literally) explosive rendition of his then current hit, ‘Live And Let Die.’

The special was produced and directed by Gary Smith and Dwight Hemion. The duo were also behind one of the most legendary rock and roll television experiences, the 1968 Elvis comeback special. The show is paced well, and the mix of live performance with staged settings is balanced nicely.

One of the more entertaining segments featured random people on the street singing their favorite Beatles songs, often time to great, if unintentional, comedic effect. The semi androgynous, highly stylized dance number ‘Gotta Sing, Gotta Dance,’ pours on the limburger a bit thick, but aside from that, it’s a fairly cheese-free hour of rock and roll television.

The show was panned by critics after it first aired, but time has treated it kindly. It captures McCartney in a good place musically and shows off a good balance of his past, present and future. After the 1973 airing, ‘James Paul McCartney’ was all but forgotten about, except for diehard Macca fans. It was never released on home video, and to date, has yet to be released on DVD. Maybe with the ongoing McCartney reissue series, that will soon be rectified.

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
I used to catch it in syndication throughout the seventies and eighties and thought it was kind of neat.But then I'm kind of a Macca fanatic...

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Paul McCartney Debuts Five Beatles Songs in Concert

Paul-McCartney-Michael-Loccisano.jpg

SOURCE LINK

If there’s any rocker who can rest on his laurels onstage, it’s Paul McCartney. After all, with such a huge catalog, he can simply fill up a setlist with dozens of his hits, play them night after night without changing, and nobody complains that they didn’t get to hear their favorites.

Except he doesn’t. Consequence of Sound noted that, at the opening show of McCartney’s ‘Out There’ world tour in Belo Horizonte, Brazil on Saturday (May 4), McCartney gave debuts to five Beatles songs: ‘Eight Days a Week,’ ‘Your Mother Should Know,’ ‘All Together Now,’ ‘Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite!’ and ‘Lovely Rita.’ Even more impressive is that ‘Eight Days a Week’ and ‘Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite!’ were originally sung by John Lennon. The videos of the songs can be found below.

In addition, two Wings hits, ‘Listen to What the Man Said’ and ‘Hi, Hi, Hi,’ were performed by McCartney solo for the first time. Both songs appeared on the 1976 live album ‘Wings Over America,’ which will be re-issued on May 28.

McCartney will play two more dates in Brazil, including tonight (May 6) before hitting the United States for a month of dates, beginning May 18 in Orlando. He will then perform a week of shows in Europe and returning to North America for another five weeks.

Paul McCartney ‘Out There’ 2013 Tour Opener Setlist

1. ‘Eight Days a Week’
2. ‘Junior’s Farm’
3. ‘All My Loving’
4. ‘Listen to What the Man Said’
5. ‘Let Me Roll It’
6. ‘Paperback Writer’
7. ‘My Valentine’
8. ‘Nineteen Hundred and Eighty-Five’
9. ‘The Long and Winding Road’
10. ‘Maybe I’m Amazed’
11. ‘Hope of Deliverance’
12. ‘We Can Work It Out’
13. ‘Another Day’
14. ‘And I Love Her’
15. ‘Blackbird’
16. ‘Here Today’
17. ‘Your Mother Should Know’
18. ‘Lady Madonna’
19. ‘All Together Now’
20. ‘Mrs. Vandebilt’
21. ‘Eleanor Rigby’
22. ‘Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite!’
23. ‘Something’
24. ‘Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da’
25. ‘Band on the Run’
26. ‘Hi, Hi, Hi’
27. ‘Back in the U.S.S.R.’
28. ‘Let It Be’
29. ‘Live and Let Die’
30. ‘Hey Jude’

Encore

31. ‘Day Tripper’
32. ‘Lovely Rita’
33. ‘Get Back’

Encore 2

34. ‘Yesterday’
35. ‘Helter Skelter’
36. ‘Golden Slumbers / Carry That Weight / The End’

Mr. Bob Dobolina

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to the "Rockshow" BluRay. What I'd really like to see is a BluRay release of their Australia '75 tour. I've seen a filmed concert of various lengths (a Japanese T.V. version, an uncut, complete version, a version with soundboard quality audio, etc). I'd really like to see the official release of that. I'm hoping it will be included as bonus material when the "Venus and Mars" reissue comes out.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rascal_212

Members online

No members online now.