Pat Travers Band (Official Thread)

TeleCat

Blackmore's Advocate
Reaction score
Re: Pat Travers Band

I saw him at a show they recorded for DVD at House of Blues with Carmine Appice.

I love the intro from Go For What You Know:

'Ello music lovers. From the streets of Toronto to the streets of London. Now here to KICK YOUR ASS - THE PAT TRAVERS BAND!!!
Then they break into Hooked On Music. Pat Thrall is a monster lead player throughout that album.

Rocker440

Reaction score

The bass guitar he played on "Crash & Burn" was Awesome.:bow:

For any of the Guitar bands like Metallica and numerous others, there is a lesson for you on how to give your band more..."Balls" and not take Anything away from the lead guitar work. I loved the vinyl edition, and my CD is almost as good thank gawd.:D

'Mars' Cowling was a mainstay with Pat Travers for a long time, and I was very glad to have seen the two together on the 'Radioactive' tour. :grinthumb
I definitely agree with what you said, LG! Although some people might not be aware of the large amount of fantastic bass guitar playing of 'Mars' Cowling, as well as other PT material from both 'Crash And Burn' and his other albums, with 'Snortin' Whiskey' receiving almost all of the airplay. There are other terrific songs on each PT album, imo. 'Material Eyes' was one of my favorite tracks that I've enjoyed when I first heard it, and continue to, too! :cheers2

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

fc5c479319b71baf0fda241d13edcc93.jpg

March 2010 release. This album has the 'vintage' 70's Travers blues sound.

Here is some live snippets from the album, great stuff!

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Found this SICK video of Boom Boom Out Go The Lights from back in 1993...this was close to the time that my band had opened for him...except our gig was at a place called Interactions and not in NC.

This is a cool ass video!!

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Pat is OK, not very unique, but still.............:bump:

I would consider myself a casual Pat Travers listener, which you could translate into OK. I do like the "Crash and Burn" album.....his best, IMHO.

Mr. T

Reaction score

Big PT fan here also. Bumping this to mention a couple of albums he did With Carmine Appice. Both were really solid IMO. This is a track from the Bazooka album that I love... a re-working of the Cactus cover of Howlin' Wolf's "Evil", penned by Willie Dixon.

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score

saw him live in '82. I have everything up to Black Pearl on vinyl.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sundaytakako

Members online