• Ozzy Osbourne

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Ronnie James Dio

Votes: 12 52.2%

• Total voters

doswizard

"If you are going through hell, keep going"
Reaction score
Taking my Time with this thread, but.........

I never knew Ozzy was cool until I heard Black Sabbath, so.......

Ozzy over Dio as Lead or Front Man for Sabbath!

I like Dio in his own Right!

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
I don't really know what th. e truth is regarding Daisley and Kerslake, but one thing I do know for a fact, they didn't write Randy Rhodes' guitar tracks. One thing that always bothered me about Daisley's claim, that he wrote all the music on Ozzys first two albums,...if he was such a gifted writer, why didn't he go on to write more epic rock songs after he was fired from Ozzy's band? I don't even know what he did after Diary of a Madman, maybe someone can shed some light on this?

No shit. Never said they wrote Randy's parts ...could anthing be more obvious.
Ive never seen Dasily make that claim , BTW. But if he has ...which I doubt....hes lying.
By the way, the claims I've seen that he has made were backed up by a good number of people who worked on those same albums. And Daisly was one of the most in demain session players and session writers on a number of albums after the Ozzy stuff. Mostly stuff I'm not into . More hair "Metal" type stuff .

mac

Reaction score
Two gods of metal for sure.

But Dio takes the crown.

doswizard

"If you are going through hell, keep going"
Reaction score
Ooh. I'm a fan of both solo artists and it's hard enough that Sabbath is in the middle of it all. This is tough because they are both very strong, intense lead singers; but as to whether or not one could 'replace' the other is highly doubtful. Straight up, it's like asking me if I prefer 'Holy Diver' to 'Diary of a Madman' I'm stuck because I don't think one is better than the other; it just depends on my mood. The choice was simple for a lot of you, but it's not about their personal appeal or mystique for me. David Bowie took the stage with both Freddie Mercury and Mick Jagger. Nothing was lost. So I guess this really is a question of personal preference and I love them both! :bow:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Technically of course it's Dio but Ozzy made it work on all those classic Sabbath tunes. That's all I'll say.
I don't think so. That was down to great musicianship by Butler, Iommi and Ward to me. Ozzy was decent on the albums but the other 3 made it truly work.

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
perhaps Ozzy's deeper tone was a bit more suitable for the Sabs' gloom and doom approach.Kinda like rock's great Grim Reaper...…………...

Old School

Reaction score
I don't think so. That was down to great musicianship by Butler, Iommi and Ward to me. Ozzy was decent on the albums but the other 3 made it truly work.
What I meant was that Dio was technically the better singer. As great as he sounded as a member of Sabbath I can't imagine all the classic Sabbath songs without Ozzy. Ozzy's vocals fit perfectly

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Staff online

Members online