Ozzy Osbourne or Ronnie James Dio?

• Ozzy Osbourne

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Ronnie James Dio

Votes: 12 52.2%

• Total voters

E-Z

Reaction score
Depends. Dio I would rate generally more highly, but I love Ozzy's singing on Sabotage - at his best then I reckon, and I prefer him to Dio on that, and possibly on Sabbath Bloody Sabbath too.
Yes I agree Ozzy sounds great on Black Sabbath Vol.4, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath & Sabotage and Ronnie sounds great especially on Heaven And Hell, Mob Rules & Dehumanizer.

E-Z

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
Dio is the better singer, but Sabbath's first six albums with Osbourne are superior to the on-off Dio era. Ian Gillan, Ray Gillen and Glenn Hughes are all vastly superior singers to Osbourne, but the material did not match. My favourite Sabbath singer is Tony Martin, although only Tyr stands out. I live in hopes that Iommi and Martin make another album together.

I voted for Dio. If voting between the first Sabbath album and Heaven and Hell, I would vote for the Osbourne album.

E-Z

Reaction score
Dio is the better singer, but Sabbath's first six albums with Osbourne are superior to the on-off Dio era. Ian Gillan, Ray Gillen and Glenn Hughes are all vastly superior singers to Osbourne, but the material did not match. My favourite Sabbath singer is Tony Martin, although only Tyr stands out. I live in hopes that Iommi and Martin make another album together.

I voted for Dio. If voting between the first Sabbath album and Heaven and Hell, I would vote for the Osbourne album.
I am waiting for possibly Tony Iommi to give the go ahead to the re-mastering and re-releasing of the Tony 'the cat' Martin era Black Sabbath albums especially FORBIDDEN although Tony Martin voice is 'shot' on it. I bought the cd when it was first released back around 1995/6 and thought it was ok but subsequently sold it. The other Tony Martin Black Sabbath albums are HEADLESS CROSS, TYR & CROSS PURPOSES so come on Tony you've got plenty of time on your hands now Sabbath have finished.

E-Z

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrazyLionEye

Members online

No members online now.