Ozzy Osbourne - Scream (2010)

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
51mHkXnPLrL._SS500_.jpg

Just picked up the new Ozzy Cd and havn't gaven it a spin as of yet, but getting ready to..
So I wanted to get some feed back from the members who have heard it so far..
Comments about the songs are more than welcome..
After I hear the whole thing I'll jump in..
:tl:
Let it die

Let me hear you scream

Soul sucker

Life won't wait

Diggin me down

Crucify

Fearless

Time

I want it more

Latimiers Mercy

I love you all..

:oy:

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Re: Ozzy scream

It's terrible!

The worst album of his career. (including Sabbath).

I do not agree. I think it's a big improvement over "Black Rain" (the album that I consider the worst of his career). It's no "Blizzard of Ozz" or "Diary of a Madman" or "No More Tears" but it's still a much better album than "Black Rain" and Gus's guitar work is a breath of fresh air to Zakk's pinch harmonics and worn out style.

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score

Well I have to say this new Ozzy is a Life Preserver for Ozzy and Metal fans..
After three years since Black Rain and co producing this one with the same Kevin Churko, this time to me it was a hit..
I cringed a bit right off during the first track "Let It Die" thinking ... Is that Ozzy using a Auto tone??? :wa Even though the song started out BIG with Gus throwing some heavy riffs off right from the start and I had visions of that huge Metal Godzilla laser breathing monster us metal fans love so much..
It turned out... Excellent..:grinthumb
By the second song "Let Me Hear You Scream" Ozzy was apart of what makes him so unique and he carry's the torch for keeping that heavy metal sound alive..
The rest of the cd was steeped in more Gus's heavy guitar riffs smoked by his band mates, Blasko on Bass, Tommy Clufetos on drums and Adam Wakeman on Key's..
It was a short and sweet victory for Ozzy with his last song just barely under a minute long with a ebbed exit saying "For all these years you stood by me... God bless .. I Love You All"
I say Ozzy is still alive and Well and with his new guitarist..(Zakk your still the man) he is still keeping metal alive..
Buy it.. and enjoy it..
My favorite so far is.. Latimiers Mercy
:oy:

Last edited:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

I liked this album more than "Black Rain". Gus G. adds some great guitar work, Nicholson has some deep and fat bass lines, and Wakeman's songwriting help is definitely noticable. Ozzy's voice is strong in this album and of course the sound enhancements have also been added to his voice. Lyrically speaking, "Latimer's Mercy" has the strongest lyrics, delving into the subject of mercy killing. The opening track "Let it Die" I cringed in the beginning thinking to myself 'Oh no, cookie monster is here', but chuckled when Ozzy belted out "I am a Rock Star".....how cliche'!

The highlights of the album are "Life Wont Wait", "Diggin' Me Down", "Crucify", "Time", and "Latimer's Mercy".

In the end, I thank you too, Ozzy for giving us one more album!

My rating for listening pleasure, 3/5.

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score

^^^ Nice .. Glad you liked it as well Magic.. I've been playing it to death..
I'm still finding something good in each song..
Really liking "I Want it More" ..
But you can hear some old Ozzy like when he did the CD "No More Tears" on a few tracks..
And as far as Gus replacing Zakk Wylde.. You can hear in a few songs Gus G pulling a Zakk Squeal once and awhile..
But really liking the heavy sound of this CD..

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

"Life Wont Wait" especially reminds me of the old Ozzy formulation of the past albums.

I wont say this is a 'big hit' for Ozzy, but it shows he can still make music that metal fans can enjoy. I would say this album in particular is for Ozzy fans. Reminds me of some of the songs off "No More Tears" :grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Still haven't picked it up yet but will give feedback when I do :grinthumb

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online

No members online now.