Ozzy Osbourne says new Black Sabbath album is "Mind blowing"

OzzyVanHalen

Reaction score
Black Sabbath‘s upcoming album, ’13,’ is perhaps the most anticipated metal disc since Bruce Dickinson and Adrian Smith returned to Iron Maiden in 1999, entering the studio to create ‘Brave New World.’ Expectations for the new Sabbath release are understandably massive, and, in a new interview, singer Ozzy Osbourne*calls the album “mind-blowing” and “better than my wildest dreams.”

The new Black Sabbath album, ’13,’ is the first Sabbath effort to include Ozzy Osbourne, guitarist Tony Iommi and bassist Geezer Butler in 35 years. Not since the 1978 album ‘Never Say Die!’ have Sabbath released a full-length disc with Ozzy on vocals. But this June, that all will change. The album’s artwork was was recently unveiled, along with a scorching song snippet, and now Ozzy says he couldn’t be more amped about the record’s content.

“The album is mind-blowing,” Ozzy tells Australian radio station Triple M, “[That's] how good it is. I’m so over the moon about the way the album turned out. We wrote 16 songs … and I put it on my CD player, expecting me to be unhappy with the end result, but this big grin came on my face and my hair on the back on my neck [stood up] … It’s better than my wildest dreams; it’s so good.”

The singer continues, “People have been quoting me that this album was quite possibly the most important album of my career. What I meant by that is I didn’t want it to sound like a follow-up to ‘Never Say Die!’ ’cause that was when we were dying out within the band … I know if you’re a Sabbath fan, you will not be disappointed. It’s so Sabbath-y, it’s scary. It’s the album we should have made after ‘Sabbath Bloody Sabbath.’”

“Believe me, I’m the guy that goes, ‘Ah, there’s a mistake there.’ I look for the mistake,” Ozzy describes. “If there’s one mistake, I’ll find it. But this album is great, perfect. It’s very, very heavy, there’s no getting away from the fact that it is Black Sabbath, and you can hear every instrument and everything clearly. It’s so heavy. I’m so excited about it.”

Black Sabbath’s ’13′ will hit shelves on June 11.

black-sabbath_13.jpg

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Have heard the one song from the album so far. It's not bad. It's not 1970's Black Sabbath, but it's alright.

runningshoes

Great White North
Reaction score
I'm going to run down and pre-order my copy in the morning.

Wait...that's probably what Ozzy wants me to do.

Yeah, I know. I'm a cynic.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I liked the sample I heard so far. Not so much Ozzy vocals though.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
I'm liking what I heard so far and think it sounds pretty kick ass course I'm not pigeon holed into an era and will be happy w/ anything that is close to as good as The Devil You Know.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm liking what I heard so far and think it sounds pretty kick ass course I'm not pigeon holed into an era and will be happy w/ anything that is close to as good as The Devil You Know.

Same here, I hope it doesn't try to replicate the 1970s sound to be honest.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
^^ this.
the music is pretty good, but it sounds like Ozzy singing an Ozzy tune, not a Sabbath tune. We'll see once it gets past the final production stages.

Musically it sounded pretty good so I hope I can look past the vocals on the album come release.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Nice to see Ozzy excited but I'll wait until I can listen to the whole album a couple times before making any decisions about it's place in Sabbath's pantheon of recordings.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online