Opeth (Official Thread)

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
I picked up "Watershed" and must say after the initial play I am really impressed. I am not a big fan of growl but there is very little on this album. I caught a glimpse of the band at the High Voltage festival 2010 and was impressed.

Opeth High Voltage festival 2010

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score
Been spinning Black Water Park a lot. Still probably my favorite Opeth album. Been listening to Mikael Åkerfeldt's other projects. Storm Corrosion is pretty good. It's him and Steven Wilson of Porcupine Tree.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thursday the tickets for the Melbourne show are out, keen as to purchase one.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I picked up "Watershed" and must say after the initial play I am really impressed. I am not a big fan of growl but there is very little on this album. I caught a glimpse of the band at the High Voltage festival 2010 and was impressed.

That's my favorite Opeth album, I truly wish Akerfeldt would sing normally, he's got a great voice for straight up hard rock or heavy metal.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
He does sing cleanly right through Heritage album. I hope he does a nice mix on the next album. I would rather it not be one dominating over the other style, variety is why I like this band.

2LITTLETIME

Reaction score
Over the last few years ive picked up their discography.Im starting at the very beginning with orchid and im working through at the moment.You really have to take your time with them and give them plenty of chances.My fav is ghost reveries.

2LITTLETIME

Reaction score
That's my favorite Opeth album, I truly wish Akerfeldt would sing normally, he's got a great voice for straight up hard rock or heavy metal.
LG i agree he does have a magnificent clean voice.I also like death metal and he does superb growls aswell.His early works with bloodbath are amazing(real old school death metal):bow:
Im a bit of a diverse head and can listen to anything-even tinie tempah(my sisters fav)

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Still Life will always be my favourite, that has the death/black vocals but he does plenty of clean on that as well. The music itself is perfect.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mikael said in a magazine there may be a slight return to the Death/Black Metal elements in the music. I hope theres a good mix.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rascal_212

Members online