"One Less Reason"

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
One Less Reason
OneLessReason.jpg

One Less Reason is a straight forward pop alternative rock group that plays melodic hard rock with a touch of southern rock. Rock ballads are their ace especially with their amazing frontman/vocalist but they definitely can hold their own with a harder edged rock song!

onelessreason.jpg

My first two introductory songs came from the above pictured c.d. "Everydaylife"! The first song I heard was an awesome rock cover of Princes "When Doves Cry":

The second is one of the best alternative rock ballads I've ever heard

"A Day to be Alone" (multiple variations have been made of this song)

(acoustic version)

My favorite version

My other Everydaylife favorites are:
"Worthless"

"Sadly Smiling Through"

The second c.d. A Lifetime Burning was more ballad heavy which works great for me. It was a combination of new songs (some live) with some old ones redone!

A Lifetime Burning

114741_670454811.jpg

Here are my favorites from that one:

"Your Beautiful Ending"

Bloodflowers

"Life In A Way"

A Lifetime Burning

All That's Best In You

One+Less+Reason+onelessreason.jpg

They didn't reinvent the wheel by any means but let me know if you if you dug it! Peace! :tup:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
:bump:

Time to wake this thread up.

A Day to Be Alone....Really nice, liked it a lot.

Worthless....I see what you mean about their Harder Edge. Great song.:tup:

Your Beautiful Ending...Another decent song.

Sadly Smiling Through....Like this one, I see what you mean going from laid back to sizzling Bry.:D

Life In A Way....Great range, very poignant.

Okay I officially like this band Bry...I think I'll pick up the CD.:grinthumb

Reaction score
hmm... I don't know if I like them very much...
I like the album cover though:tongue:

umm... I did not like the vocals at all, I can not stand these whisper-y vocals a lot of newer bands are having... and the music seemed overly polished, it didn't appeal to me at all, I think there might have been a bit too much going on, too many instruments or the ones there sounded much too thick for the music, also the production was not my style, it sounded so wet and drenched down... I like a much dryer sound... and one last thing, i don't know if it would have helped this band, but a serious lack of lead vocal harmonies going on with many of these newer bands

I won't say it was low quality in any way, but none of those songs appealed to me at all....

You've introduced me to better soot:tongue:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
hmm... I don't know if I like them very much...
I like the album cover though:tongue:

umm... I did not like the vocals at all, I can not stand these whisper-y vocals a lot of newer bands are having... and the music seemed overly polished, it didn't appeal to me at all, I think there might have been a bit too much going on, too many instruments or the ones there sounded much too thick for the music, also the production was not my style, it sounded so wet and drenched down... I like a much dryer sound... and one last thing, i don't know if it would have helped this band, but a serious lack of lead vocal harmonies going on with many of these newer bands

I won't say it was low quality in any way, but none of those songs appealed to me at all....

You've introduced me to better soot:tongue:

This is what I mean by constructive criticism Eberg! :grinthumb Very well articulated and we don't have to agree or disagree for me to get why you aren't into them! :grinthumb

Oh and LG, your seal of approval is always appreciated for any band I post. I remember that Magic actually likes this band as well. I wonder if she ever saw the thread!

Last edited:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
No problem Bry, I Like the vocals, it is the strong suit of the band.:tup:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
ess%2BReason%2B-%2BA%2BLifetime%2BBurning%2B(2008).jpg

or this cover:

114741_670454811.jpg

I am not really sure which is the official album cover, but I have this album. They are decent, nothing new musically, but they do have some awesome lyrics.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
ess%2BReason%2B-%2BA%2BLifetime%2BBurning%2B(2008).jpg

or this cover:

114741_670454811.jpg

I am not really sure which is the official album cover, but I have this album. They are decent, nothing new musically, but they do have some awesome lyrics.

The official cover for their second release is the second one you have posted Magic! :grinthumb

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
That is the better of the two covers,too, IMO. You know what I find strange, they dont have an official website other than myspace.......and no one has put them into Wiki yet......very odd dont you think!

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
That is the better of the two covers,too, IMO. You know what I find strange, they dont have an official website other than myspace.......and no one has put them into Wiki yet......very odd dont you think!

Kind of but considering they are still yet unsigned it makes sense although they were signed for the first c.d. which got no promotion. I had to personally order both releases online. They seem to have a fan base and I think it's crazy a label hasn't caught on to their appeal. They do make radio friendly rock and the vocalist IMO has far more range than Chad Kroeger. My friend saw them a year or so ago when he went to college in Florida and they made it sound like they were being signed soon.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Didn't they just have a fairly new release? The vocalist does sound like Chad, I am surprised he hasn't signed them.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online