Obscure Gems From The "Classic" Prog/Rock Era

joe

Reaction score
^^^ I must admit I was hypocritical as I stated in my opening paragraph for this thread to throw anything in including the kitchen sink.

Do you remember this Canadian band, they were from Toronto:

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
German progressive rock band who released their debut Gravedigger in 1972 .They ended up recording a follow up but passed on a record deal due to non interest in their first platter. It was not until the 90's that record collectors begin raving about Gravedigger ,that in turn started the wheels turning and "Out of Time" was finally released.
The band has since regroup and continues to record . Their first two albums alternate between heavy rockers and classical leanings.
I was unable to find their awesome version of "Napalm Sticks to Kids "

JANUS :

Last edited:

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score
Do you remember this Canadian band, they were from Toronto:

No, not that one!

"Apricot Brandy" from this Rhinoceros album is another good one though:

Rhinoceros-Rhinoceros-400824.jpg

:****:

joe

Reaction score
Ya I know, Zon was pompous prog but still kind of fun. Apricot Brandy is one of my favourite instrumentals.

joe

Reaction score
Wolf: Love that Janus album cover. I kinda thought maybe you were going to post that.

Ya, another Swiss krautrock band. Brainticket swirled experimental psych, spaced-out etheral ambiences, and ethnic musical diversity. Trippy, delirious, funky acid rock. Mind blowing would sum it up. Three excellent Lp's released from '70-'73.

mystic fred

Reaction score
Many great "obscure" gems nailed already on this thread, let's see...this little lot should keep some of you busy...

Last edited:

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Since Joe opened the door w/ Brainticket, I though I might travel down the psychotropic trail a bit myself haha. I don't know how obscure these guys really are, but in my neck of the woods I am one of the few people aware of this band .Best known for their "trilogy" ,this Franco-British progressive/psychedelic rock band was formed by Australian musician Daevid Allen.and has had a list of musicians who have played in them that stretches out longer then my arm . Allan Holdsworth, Bill Bruford, Steve Hillage and Pip Pyle just to name a few .Thier studio albums began in 1970 and
they continue to this day ...

GONG :

mystic fred

Reaction score
More than a little reminiscent of Yes here, but both excellent bands.

and something completely different...

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pikashow

Staff online

Members online