Obscure Gems From The "Classic" Prog/Rock Era

joe

Reaction score
Crossover proggers Aardvark(1970) out of the UK were a fuzzed out hammond organ led band with no guitarist. Some songs are very experimental psych with others being rather melodic. Some what of a "barking" novelty.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
I am officially WAY behind here . Hard to keep up w/ Joe now that he has
a bit of help and what with his "sinister thirst " for more and more prog videos :D

Will catch up later tonight when I return :cheers2

joe

Reaction score
^^^ Hepcat, I apologize for my earlier comments on this thread:). I tend to get carried away sometimes. Kinda of ironic that the only piece of vinyl I have from this Canadian band is titled Aardvark.

joe

Reaction score
I am officially WAY behind here . Hard to keep up w/ Joe now that he has
a bit of help and what with his "sinister thirst " for more and more prog videos :D

Will catch up later tonight when I return :cheers2

What's going Wolf? I've noticed you're slowing down. I think I'm wearing you down. Let's face it, I'm the wall you can never climb:banghead:. I'm the war you can never win:yo:. You fell for one of the oldest war tactics in the field of operations. On the proto-metal thread I fooled you into believing that I was retreating. You thought you were in control. Thats not the case. I'm in charge here.:heheh:

All in good fun:oyea:

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
What's going Wolf? I've noticed you're slowing down. I think I'm wearing you down. Let's face it, I'm the wall you can never climb:banghead:. I'm the war you can never win:yo:. You fell for one of the oldest war tactics in the field of operations. On the proto-metal thread I fooled you into believing that I was retreating. You thought you were in control. Thats not the case. I'm in charge here.:heheh:

All in good fun:oyea:

I still have PLENTY of good material in both categories to share but unfortunately I have other things that must be taken care of in my daily life other then just enjoying music ,so yeah I made a conscious choice to slow down a bit .............

and keep my thread going FOR YEARS :lmao:

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
I still have PLENTY of good material in both categories to share but unfortunately I have other things that must be taken care of in my daily life other then just enjoying music ,so yeah I made a conscious choice to slow down a bit .............

and keep my thread going FOR YEARS :lmao:

EDIT : BTW I own a copy of the Krokodil CD above and it truly is an awesome work of progressive music .

joe

Reaction score
^^^ Just having a bit of fun with ya Wolf. Good to see you don't take me serious. For the last couple of months I haven't been working due to that I'm recovering from an illness, so some days can be rather long. This helps me keep busy some what, though I wish I was back at work and to my daily routine.

joe

Reaction score
An eclectic mixture of blues-rock, jazz, pop and folk elements and a mingling of psychedelic, Affinity from the UK was fronted by female vocalist Lynda Hoyle and only released one album in 1970. Cool, dreamy, melancholic, melodic and absolutely beautiful. I have it in CD format as the vinyl is very rare.

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score
Joe said:
Hepcat, I apologize for my earlier comments on this thread:). I tend to get carried away sometimes. Kinda of ironic that the only piece of vinyl

I favour a more inclusive as opposed to a more narrow definition of prog rock.

:D

Joe said:
I have from this Canadian band is titled Aardvark.

I've had "Avenue Road" for about forty years now:

KensingtonMarket_1.jpg

I'm still trying to find a nice vinyl copy of "Aardvark":

51jjHIG6rjL._SS500_.jpg

Now this one is definitely prog. It's not as obscure as some other's though.

:****:

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
indomoraltales123

Members online