Nirvana (Official Thread)

rollingstoned

Queens of the Stone Age
Reaction score
Re: Nirvana & Kurt

Too bad that happened. I was born in 1990 so I have no memory of the nirvana mania. The last really big rock band to change music. Really sucks I missed it, it now looks like never again another band will do such a thing.

Hopefully you are wrong, but it isn't looking good. 95% of today's music is pretty weak.

King Cobain

Grunge Head
Reaction score

Hopefully you are wrong, but it isn't looking good. 95% of today's music is pretty weak.

Some people are comparing Justin Bieber to Kurt Cobain. Honestly...they have NOTHING in common. Besides maybe selling a lot of records.

lady_barrett2112

I ♥ the Ox
Reaction score

Such a shame Kurt and Nirvana's career was cut so short with the tragic event on April 5th, 1994. I was only 2 years old when he died.:wa

Good god I feel old! I was twelve years old at the time and remember exactly where I was at when I heard the news! It was my brother that told me and I remember listening to it on my dad's radio as we were heading to my grandma's.

I've liked Nirvana since my teenage years but it was my brother who was obsessed with them and Kurt back in the day. He even dressed like him and had the shoulder length scraggly hair. So yeah, needless to say devastated is not a strong enough word to describe how my brother felt when Kurt left us.

rollingstoned

Queens of the Stone Age
Reaction score

Good god I feel old! I was twelve years old at the time and remember exactly where I was at when I heard the news! It was my brother that told me and I remember listening to it on my dad's radio as we were heading to my grandma's.

I've liked Nirvana since my teenage years but it was my brother who was obsessed with them and Kurt back in the day. He even dressed like him and had the shoulder length scraggly hair. So yeah, needless to say devastated is not a strong enough word to describe how my brother felt when Kurt left us.

That's a shame, I bet your brother was really depressed after Kurt's death for a while.

Syd

Reaction score

Some people are comparing Justin Bieber to Kurt Cobain. Honestly...they have NOTHING in common. Besides maybe selling a lot of records.
Yeah. Maybe that's the only thing in common. But Kurt was an Icon for a whole generation. Bieber isn't.

And I really hope to see another band create what Nirvana created. That people get to admire so much and that change music. We need a band like that now and see if they inspire some other good musicians and make the crappy music go away.

rollingstoned

Queens of the Stone Age
Reaction score

Yeah. Maybe that's the only thing in common. But Kurt was an Icon for a whole generation. Bieber isn't.

And I really hope to see another band create what Nirvana created. That people get to admire so much and that change music. We need a band like that now and see if they inspire some other good musicians and make the crappy music go away.

Looks like we have to do it ourselves.

King Cobain

Grunge Head
Reaction score

kurt_cobain_frances_bean_and_cat.jpg

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member