Nightwish (Official Thread)

Taboo

Toward the Within
Reaction score
I'm not feeling that album art :uh:

I haven't heard a lot of After Forever I have to admit, need to check it out.
If you like Nightwish then I think you will really dig After Forever. They were and will always be in my opinion the most most epic sympho female fronted metal band. It's interesting because back then Floor's belting voice wasn't as strong as her classical technique and now it's the other way around. But she is the most versatile vocalist in the history of metal :grinthumb

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
She is! And just to be clear (I've mentioned it a few pages back), she is one of my favourite female metal vocalists. I just wish she'd stayed on her own, since I'm not a HUGE Nightwish fan, but love everything Floor has done (After Forever, Revamp, guest vocals on Ayreon, Star One etc).

ReVamp is OK, but doesn't have the strong symphonic aspect that I think Floor should always do, at least not what I'm used to. I still might pick the album up at some point.

I'm not feeling that album art :uh:

If you like Nightwish then I think you will really dig After Forever. They were and will always be in my opinion the most most epic sympho female fronted metal band. It's interesting because back then Floor's belting voice wasn't as strong as her classical technique and now it's the other way around. But she is the most versatile vocalist in the history of metal :grinthumb

After Forever's first two albums were mostly identical to early Epica, what with the Mark Jansen influence. Album 3 was a little experimental, but still good. Albums 4 & 5 were closer to their early work.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Good thing albums should never be pre judged based on artwork then huh. lol

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have no problem admitting some Nightwish songs have moved me to tears that being how good they are at provoking emotion. lol One of many reasons I still love Tarja era the most and her as a singer in general. Not just talent but the way she gives such emotionally driven vocals is just unique in its own way.
Angels Fall First

Two for Tragedy

Swanheart

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
ReVamp is OK, but doesn't have the strong symphonic aspect that I think Floor should always do, at least not what I'm used to. I still might pick the album up at some point.

Perhaps that's why I like Revamp so much. I like when an artist does something different.

Good thing albums should never be pre judged based on artwork then huh. lol

Fair point. The artwork is secondary, but I like when the whole package is nice. After all, that's part of the reason why I buy physical copies and not mp3s.

I have no problem admitting some Nightwish songs have moved me to tears that being how good they are at provoking emotion. lol One of many reasons I still love Tarja era the most and her as a singer in general. Not just talent but the way she gives such emotionally driven vocals is just unique in its own way.
Angels Fall First

I can't say that Nightwish has ever moved me to tears, but "Angels Fall First" is still my favourite Nightiwsh album. Particularly "Lappi" is breathtaking!

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Its just one of those songs that can do that for me personally. The way its sung.

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
^^^ pretty disappointed myself. Hope the rest is better.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Its a brilliant tune. I hope the rest of the album is as good as this.

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
I'm so dissolutioned with the newer era Nightwish and its middle road boring fare I think that will probably be the last chance I give them.

Give me Wish Master and Oceanborn..etc.. you can have the new stuff.
MEH !!!

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad

Members online