Nightwish (Official Thread)

Taboo

Toward the Within
Reaction score
New NW

1514963_749584585107071_907005508756550596_n.jpg

EXCITING NIGHTWISH NEWS!
We are proud to announce the release of our first single called 'Élan', which will be out on February 13, 2015 via Nuclear Blast!

“Oh, while I live to be the ruler of life, Not a slave
To meet life as a powerful conqueror, and nothing exterior to me will ever take command of me.”

- Walt Whitman

Commented NIGHTWISH keyboardist and songwriter Tuomas Holopainen: “This beautiful quote from my hero Uncle Walt was the starting point for writing 'Élan'. The underlying theme of the song is nothing less than the meaning of life, which can be something different for all of us. It´s important to surrender yourself to the occasional 'free fall' and not to fear the path less travelled by. 'Élan' is a wonderful teaser for the full-length album, giving out a little taste, but revealing very little of the actual Journey of Grandeur to come…”

‘Élan’ tracklisting:

CD:
1. Élan (album version)
2. Élan (radio edit)
3. Élan (alternate version)
4. Sagan (non-album bonus track)

Vinyl:
Side A:
1. Élan (album version)
2. Élan (radio edit)
Side B
1. Élan (alternate version)
2. Sagan (non-album bonus track)

Nightwish Shop offers Élan as CDS, 10” MLP (four different colors) and also as exclusive CDS+shirt bundles. Preorder yours at: Nightwish Shop | Mad Supply

I like the title of this song, I can't wait to hear it.

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Making of the new album

Episode 1: The Cabin

Episode 2: By The Lake

Episode 3

What an absolutely stunning location to work from!

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score

The artwork is atrocious!

As I've mentioned earlier in this thread, I kind wish Floor had never joined Nightwish, but since she did, there's nothing else to do than to roll with it. Thanks to Floor, there's a big chance that the new Nightwish album could replace their debut as my favourite Nightwish record, but only time will tell.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I love the artwork. I am also glad Floor joined as are a great deal of fans considering the direction they'd gone with Anette. Not that it was bad, I enjoyed it but I think Floor will probably provide more of an old school Nightwish feel to the music vocally. She is the perfect fit.

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
She is the perfect fit.

She is! And just to be clear (I've mentioned it a few pages back), she is one of my favourite female metal vocalists. I just wish she'd stayed on her own, since I'm not a HUGE Nightwish fan, but love everything Floor has done (After Forever, Revamp, guest vocals on Ayreon, Star One etc).

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I haven't heard a lot of After Forever I have to admit, need to check it out.

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
I'm really looking forward to the new Nightwish release...saw Flo open up for Iced Earth...
her band is call Reamp if memory serves. She kicks ass. Great replacement for Tarja at last.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Members online