New WHO album!!

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
ultimateclassicrock.com

The-Who-630x420.jpg

It’s been nearly a decade since the Who released their most recent LP, 2006′s Endless Wire, and it still looks like it’ll be a while before fans hear another new album from Pete Townshend and Roger Daltrey.

Daltrey offered hope, however, during a recent interview with Rolling Stone. Looking out beyond the Who’s 50th anniversary tour, which he and Townshend have predicted will be their last of this size, Daltrey mused, “I also know that Pete wants to make another record. He’s just talking about it. I’ve heard a couple of tracks, which are great.”

Any new music would be the product of a deepened bond between the duo, whose occasionally cantankerous relationship has mellowed over time. “After all the testosterone of youth, all of the problems and middle age and drugs and losing people we love, in the end you suddenly realize you deeply love each other,” pointed out Daltrey. “We are like brothers. Family is like that, aren’t they? One minute you love them, the next minute you can’t stand them. But as soon as it looks like they’re not going to be around, they’re knocking on the door.”

And even though major tours are off the table for the Who in the future, Daltrey isn’t willing to rule out live performances in general. “This bit of our career is closed, but maybe two more doors open up. Pete is an incredibly vibrant musician. I could see us playing acoustically in some ways,” he said about an unplugged theater tour. “Then you don’t have to tour. You just get down in New York for a couple of weeks. That’s not touring. It’s a piece of cake. You go home every night. It would be civilized.”

Read More: Roger Daltrey Says Pete Townshend Is 'Talking About' a New Who Album | Roger Daltrey Says Pete Townshend Is 'Talking About' a New Who Album

recgord27

Walking down a dusty road
Reaction score
If it ever happens, it won't be the same without John 'The Ox' Entwistle. I don't think I would buy it

Sunfist

Reaction score
I didn't think Led Zepplin would be the same without Bonham but his son stood in for him in tremendous fashion. Not saying the Who could pull off the same thing but it is certainly possible and I'd love to hear anything they put out.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Members online