New Bon Jovi live album "Inside Out"

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
melodicrock.com

BON JOVI ROLL OUT NEW LIVE ALBUM AHEAD OF STUDIO OPUS:
A newly announced and released Bon Jovi live album Inside Out has been released. Sadly not classic era recordings - all recent stuff. And why is JBJ the only band member pictured on the cover? The track listing is: Blood On Blood, Lost Highway, Born to Be My Baby, You Give Love a Bad Name, Whole Lot of Leavin', Raise Your Hands, We Got It Going On, Have a Nice Day, It's My Life, I'll Be There for You, We Weren't Born to Follow, Wanted Dead or Alive, Livin' On a Prayer, Keep the Faith.

bonjovi-insideout.jpg

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Not interested and I'm kind of bored with artists releasing so many live albums these days more than likely to keep the band relevant while they work on a new studio album.

I miss the old rhythm when you put out one 40+ minute record every year and if you had a string of successes then a Hits and Live album would be kicked out a few years later.

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
Not interested and I'm kind of bored with artists releasing so many live albums these days more than likely to keep the band relevant while they work on a new studio album

Normally I'd agree with that LG, and as a general rule it's true, but it certainly doesn't apply in this instance as Bon Jovi have only ever released one live album in 30 years, and that was 'One Wild Night Live' in 2001, and even that only had 15 tracks on it, so Bon Jovi have to be one of the least recorded 'live' bands in the modern rock era. So I'll get this album for sure as they are just a fabulous live band by any standards, as anyone who has ever been to a Bon Jovi show knows full well. Rush I see in 2013 are going to release what will be their 6th 'live' album in 10 years (in the same 10 year period they have only released 3 studio albums) and Iron Maiden must have almost as many 'live' albums to their name as studio albums, and the same thing applies to other bands, so your point is a very valid one in a lot of cases. It's a nice cheap quick way of making money with very little effort or expense, apart from mixing it in the studio the whole thing is done in one or two nights, instead of months spent recording new stuff in the studio.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I bow to your inexhaustible knowledge of all things Bon Jovi...I don't own any of his albums so if he's one of the few who hasn't resorted to releasing live albums every two or three years then I guess this makes sense.

Maiden and Rush both do have a ton of live records out there, I guess it's simply a matter of label politics/economics to keep the band's name/brand alive. I'm not the biggest fan of live albums anyway no matter what band releases one. But there are some that are excellent and do capture the band in their natural element, those I enjoy to the fullest.

Sara

Reaction score
I might be wrong, but I thought Inside Out was a concert documentary that's being shown in Canada and the USA, and I think the 'album' is some of the fan favourites that are being released on itunes for people that can't see the actual documentary. Like I said though, I might be wrong. I stopped reading about it when I became sad and jealous at the fact that I couldn't watch the documentary in the UK :( I have SO MUCH love for this band, I've seen them 8 times and they always blow me away, so a live album's a pretty exciting prospect for me!

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Craqdi

Members online

No members online now.