Need Help Posting Songs With Embedded Links

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
That is the problem, Thumper, we do not allow HTML in posts or signatures. HTML can open the forum up to vicious and malicious attacks.

I will work on finding a way to use some sort of "widget" to post for music. I know I have seen them in tons of blogs and websites. A widget where members can "click to start" the song and hear it. I dont know yet if this is feasible or not, but we shall see :)

I agree about the problem with HTML.. I just wasn't sure how you guys can allow video's to be seen in a thread.. Your the computer wizard!!:grinthumb
I just know a few things since learning about coding..:D

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
We do allow BBcode.....there is the standard BBcodes for things like bold, italics, and underline along with alignment codes for left, center and right. There is also standard BBcode for making lists that are numbered or not numbered. There is BBcode for indenting a paragraph, inserting email addy's, and to parse a link. There is BBcode for images, quotes, codes, smilies, attachments, and youtube videos.

All of these standard BBcodes have a "quick use" icon at the top of each message box.

What I will work on is BBcode for a music widget of some sort. What BBcode does is converts the HTML or XML into language that the vBulletin will recognize and that is displayable in Internet Explorer, Foxfire, and other browsers.

I am no expert, but I have learned a lot over the last couple years.

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score
NOOOOOOO!! KMET!!!! Don't Embed your songs!! I get frustrated with this on You tube.. I would think it's a good thing to allow others to post your songs on forums and My Space and other sites!!
It's a good way to get others to listen to groups and watch the video with it..!!
I mean you can copy the URL if it's embedded but that just opens another browser and then your on the site where the video's at.. But it's cool how this forum allows embedded posting of video's right in the thread..
I'm not computer savy, but I like the idea of HTML being allowed..
My intent on embedding a song in a post is purely for the user's convenience. That would allow them to click & play the file, as opposed to having to follow a link to a file-sharing site, download the file, then open it up in a music player on their computer. All that takes time, and is a bit tiresome compared to the alternative.

I'm not worried what other people do with it after I post it. But I know YouTube only accepts video content so I'm out of luck there, too.

Anyways, I'm going to try again tomorrow using a PC at work. Hopefully I'll have better luck.

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
I am no expert, but I have learned a lot over the last couple years.

Thanks for explaining that Magic.. I see what your saying.. I hope I can call upon you if I need to figure something out..:cheers:

KMET!! Alright.. hope you get it figured out!!:grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
After reading all this I'm going to try uploading a song myself tomorrow morning to Grooveshack, just to see if it works.

But what I do when I am playing some songs that KMET or Thumper have posted, I simply open another tab and load the songs and keep browsing posting in the forum in the other one.

Still my Boffin genes are twitching now so I'll have to try what KMET did just to satisfy my curiosity.;)

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Magic said something that got my attention.. The thing about you tube using up Broadband.. My computer after watching a couple of video's on there just comes to a grinding halt.. It really is frustrating.. My pages load real slow for the next 5 minutes.. I notice my DSL light on my modem blinking like crazy..
I use Firefox and disabled my add on's.. But to this day I have never figured out what to do to fix that. My computer has loads of Ram and is just under a gig on the hard drive.. I hope it was OK to ask this in your thread KMET.. I just wonder if anybody knows whats up with this.. Thanks!!:cheers::cheers:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
That is strange Thumper, when I play a Youtube video it takes a few seconds to load but when it's finished my machine is running full speed, and even when the video is playing I have other tabs open doing other things and the speed is still good. I also use FF, fully loaded with everything running.

Maybe open your Task Manager and look at what is happening when you are playing a video.

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score
.. I hope it was OK to ask this in your thread KMET..
I don't see why not. The more info shared, the better off we all are. :cheers:

And all I'm really trying to do here is post a song that some knowledegable musicologist here might know the title of.

Lyric searches on Google have been no help.

But if I don't get it figgered out, I might just link it to RapidShare and make you all work for it! :eek:hyeah:

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
That is strange Thumper, when I play a Youtube video it takes a few seconds to load but when it's finished my machine is running full speed, and even when the video is playing I have other tabs open doing other things and the speed is still good. I also use FF, fully loaded with everything running.

Maybe open your Task Manager and look at what is happening when you are playing a video.
Ya man tried all that.. I use Earthlink Total Access and that's all that is running.
It just stumps me.. I've tried everything.. And I dump my cache and defrag and disk clean everyday..:confused:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
That is strange...PC's can be so finicky. I might take FF out and reinstall it to see if that helped...or try playing the videos in IE to see if that changes anything. I am a FF fan forever, but that is something I would do to make sure it's not a browser issue.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online