Nazareth (Official Thread)

rtbuck

Reaction score
Re: Nazareth~Who like them?

Magic,I like the album 'The Newz' in fact when I first seen this thread I put that cd on!

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

There is an 11 year time span between Boogaloo and The Newz....and the wait was worth it! I like the new album :D

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score

^^ Wow Magic.. Thanks for posting those video's of the Newz.. I'm picking that up for sure.. It's time I got back into some Newer Nazareth.. I lost contact with them since I didn't know anybody who was into them..

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I thought they had gone extinct myself, for the same reason Thumper posted...:bonk:

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score

I thought they had gone extinct myself, for the same reason Thumper posted...:bonk:
I ran into a guy on My Space who was a total fanatic.. Had their name tatooed across his back with all their faces.. It took up his whole back.. I tried to ask him some question about the band and he couldn't speak English very well..

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

I used to only connect these guys with Love Hurts but since my best friend became a lead vocalist for a cover band I've heard Hair Of The Dog tons. What a fun song with a great chorus to screech along to! :grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

I still need to get The Newz :wa:

I'll pick it up when things slow down here a bit :grinthumb

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

The_Newz.jpg

Pete Agnew - bass, backing vocals
Dan McCafferty - lead vocals
Jimmy Murrison - guitars
Lee Agnew - drums

Has anyone listened to this album yet?

The Gathering and Dying Breed removed by youtube user

^^ is a shortened version of this song, this song is very beautiful

Good song Magic! I noticed that sometimes the best vocals are from ones that have aged and have developed a character in their voice that they wouldn't have had before. Does that make sense? :D

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score

I can see where AC/DC got their influence from for sure! S&L, I'm not really seeing the similarity between Dan's and Barnsey's voices. Dan's is a lot more rough and rugged IMO. (Not like that's a bad thing)

I'm downloading their greatest hits now :D

Rocker440

Reaction score

Me! Me! and Me! I'm a long time fan of this terrific band! As most folks that I knew chose 'Hair of the Dog' to pick up first, which is one of my favorites of Nazareth, too, the first Nazareth lp that I bought was :bow: 'Razamanz'! I was hooked from the first spin of that vinyl on my old, vintage hi fi record player. :lmao: I must've wore that first lp out in a couple months from playing it so much. I've kind of made up for that tho, by having a few editions of the CD! :)

I was also very fortunate in having the opportunity to see them in concert on the 'Expect No Mercy' tour, which I have fond and vivid memories of!

I kind of feel, to a certain extent, that Dan's voice is like a fine wine, an acquired taste, which also gets more unique with age, too! :) Although his voice might not be for everyone, or many, I've always enjoyed it immensely and find myself singing along with many of the songs, even today. ;)

Experiencing the original band back then does make me more partial to the earlier material. I will always remember those releases, the concert and also quite a lot of their music with deep feelings of great music played fantastically, with a terrific band that played with close togetherness.

I do miss the drummer Darrell Sweet who passed away some time ago. He was a steady, dependable drummer, along with Pete Agnew both were an extremely solid rythm duo. I also remember hearing a while back that there was a falling out with Manny Charlton that was fairly messy.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online

No members online now.