Nazareth (Official Thread)

R. Evans

Left Of Center
Reaction score
Re: Nazareth~Who likes them?

I always like Nazareth. And this album deserved more airplay.

B00005UO4R.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

flipflop

Prisoner of rock'n'roll
Reaction score

I'm a big, big fan and have always been - they were one of my 'intro' bands to listening to rock. McCafferty's voice is up there with the very, very best in the business. A huge inspiration for Axl Rose and it shows.

I have all the vinyls up to 82-ish - the later stuff is actually a bit hard to come by on vinyl. Maybe I'll catch a cd sale sometime... The Newz is a strong album, imo.

electric funeral

Just listening music
Reaction score

Big fan here.
Saw them a few years ago, couldn't believe Dan still had the power in his voice.

Like Razamanaz, Loud 'N' Proud, Rampant and Hair of the Dog.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score

Great to see this classic rock band mentioned, i have to agree " raz amanaz "is one hell of an album!! ...I did think NAZARETH lost it a bit when Cleminson was in the band.[ a surprise because he was outstanding with S.A.H.B] i also have their 1st album on vinyl but the cover is in an embarrasing state:wa:..shredded paper. totally ashamed

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Nazareth

Did a search and couldn't find a thread so.....

NAZARETH :
A Scottish hard rock/ proto-metal band who formed in 1968 in Dunfermline, that had several hard rock hits in the UK in the early 1970s, and established an international audience with their 1975 album Hair of the Dog. Primarily a hard rockin' album band during the 70's, they had one notable international hit single, in 1975, with a cover of the ballad "Love Hurts".
In the 80's, they drifted toward a more pop based, balladry sound,
after the departure of Manny Charleston , founding member and lead guitarist,
That is where I lost interest in them, quite frankly. However, I absolutely love their hard rocking early phase. Any other fans ?

MP edit: Video removed from youtube

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Re: Nazareth

Love this band!!

Great thread! :grinthumb

Glad to see I'm not alone on that 'round these parts. These guys don't get near the credit they deserve for their hard rock these days, IMO. Every time I hear anything about them it's always praise for "Love Hurts" or one of their other ballads/ hits from the 80's.

:grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online