My Top 50 of 2010

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Something a bit less extreme

NOMAD SON ~ The Eternal Return

nomad_son_momrcover18.jpg

Traditional Doom /Heavy Metal

Members Jordan Cutajar (vocals), Chris Grech (guitar), Julian Grech (keyboards), Albert Bell (bass), Edward Magri (drums)

This an awesome band that mixes old school traditional doom of the 70's and 80's ( Black Sabbath, Pentagram ,Saint Vitus, Candlemass etc. )
influences with B6 Hammond organ fills and seventies psych atmosphere . I hear that they are a Christian band and if they are I say more power to them as they are the
best band of that nature that I have heard other then Trouble. The newest release is perhaps not as good as the debut but still a really good listen ,IMO. Great slow to mid tempo classic heavy riffage coupled with excellent vocal work.

Track Listing

1 The Vigil
2 Sigma Draconis
3 Comatose Souls
4 Can't Turn the Tide
5 Guilty As Sin
6 Winds of Golgotha
7 The Eternal Return
8 Throne of Judgment

joe

Reaction score
Something a bit less extreme

NOMAD SON ~ The Eternal Return

nomad_son_momrcover18.jpg

Traditional Doom /Heavy Metal

Members Jordan Cutajar (vocals), Chris Grech (guitar), Julian Grech (keyboards), Albert Bell (bass), Edward Magri (drums)

This an awesome band that mixes old school traditional doom of the 70's and 80's ( Black Sabbath, Pentagram ,Saint Vitus, Candlemass etc. )
influences with B6 Hammond organ fills and seventies psych atmosphere . I hear that they are a Christian band and if they are I say more power to them as they are the
best band of that nature that I have heard other then Trouble. The newest release is perhaps not as good as the debut but still a really good listen ,IMO. Great slow to mid tempo classic heavy riffage coupled with excellent vocal work.

Track Listing

1 The Vigil
2 Sigma Draconis
3 Comatose Souls
4 Can't Turn the Tide
5 Guilty As Sin
6 Winds of Golgotha
7 The Eternal Return
8 Throne of Judgment

The Hammond is great. Too bad the band didn't incorporate more. Like you said, excellent vocals and the traditional doom riffage. A D/L is in order.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Grab the first one while you are at it. FIRST LIGHT, has more hammond and is a just a little bit better then the newest IMO.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
HOUR OF 13 ~ The Ritualist

Hour%20Of%2013%20-%20The%20Ritualist%20-%20CD.jpg

Traditional Doom Metal

Really great mid tempo Doom metal power duo harking back to the classic metal era. Great riffs, great vocals ,solid rocking rhythm section and just all around kick ass heavy metal doom metal vibe from start to finish. Anyone with enough good sense to enjoy quality metal bands like Candlemass, Solitude Aeturnus , Black Sabbath etc. will love these guys .If not turn your damn card in at the door and stay off the bloody premises because you have just been 86ed out of the bar of Dooooommmm . :heheh:

Members: Chad Davis [aka Drathrul] (guitar, bass, drums), Philip Swanson (vocals)

1 The Gathering
2 The Ritualists
3 Naked Star
4 Demons All Around Me
5 Possession
6 Soldier of Satan
7 Evil Inside
8 The Crawlspace

Last edited:

joe

Reaction score
^^^Another beast Wolf.:bow: "Retro" doom is rising from the depths of darkness.

joe

Reaction score
Grab the first one while you are at it. FIRST LIGHT, has more hammond and is a just a little bit better then the newest IMO.

The Hammond here at the 3:30 mark is awesome. My fav track from the album. The studio version:

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Black-Label-Society-Order-of-the-Black-2010.jpg

Crazed weight-lifting, beer swilling, southern rebel and ex-Ozzy Osbourne extraordinary lead guitarist Zakk Wilde returns with his best platter of dirty ,gritty ,Black Sabbath inspired blues metal ( w/ the occasional Southern Rock ballad thrown in for good measure ) since The Blessed Hell Ride. Rip snorting whiskey soaked blues metal at it's best !!

BLACK LABEL SOCIETY ~ The Order of the Black

Genres :
Heavy Metal, Hard Rock, Southern Metal, Stoner Metal, Southern Rock

Members Zakk Wylde (vocals, guitar, bass, piano), Nick Catanese (guitar), Phil Ondich (drums, 1998-2000), John DeServio (bass, 1999-2000, 2005-present), Craig Nunenmacher (drums, 2000-10), Steve Gibb [aka S.O.B.] (bass, 2000-01), Mike Inez (bass, drums, 2001, 2003), Robert Trujillo (bass, 2002-03), James LoMenzo (bass, 2004-05)

1 Crazy Horse 4:04
2 Overlord 6:05
3 Parade of the Dead 3:36
4 Darkest Days 4:17
5 Black Sunday 3:23
6 Southern Dissolution 4:56
7 Time Waits for No One 3:36
8 Godspeed Hell Bound 4:43
9 War of Heaven 4:09
10 Shallow Grave 3:37
11 Chupacabra 0:49
12 Riders of the Damned 3:23
13 January 2:21

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Something I just recently picked up .This is what is termed as a mix of Space Metal and Stoner Rock. The Space Ritual influences are plain to any Hawkwind fan. Great album one that I think that Joe at least should enjoy .

STONE OAK COSMONAUT Into the Multiverse

273406.jpg

1 She Is My Interstellar Cow 6:12
2 Cosmonaut No. 6 (Valentina Tereshkova) 6:12
3 Fly Into the Night 1:58
4 Into the Multiverse 38:15
a) Starman
b)Under a Dead Moon
c) The White Sun of the Desert
d) The Vessel
e) Captain's Seat
f) No One Here Will Die
g) The Multiverse
5 Telescope 4:48

Unfortunitely this is the only video up at Youtube from their new ( sophomore ) release Into The Multiverse.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online