My own music confession :)

Oblivion

Reaction score
This post is going to be a musical - suicide (aka political suicide related to a music forum)

I own a bunch of cd's by Tori Amos
Don't shoot me please...

One day I was walking in my local music store with money that wasn't mine. This guy I know who lives down my street needed a gift for his girlfriend but didn't have a clue what to buy so he sent me down to the record store to buy something "she likes". As I went searching I tried to look for something that might interest me also, for I was about to copy the cd before handing it over to him... And there she was: Tori Amos - Little Earthquakes. Funny because later that day I went back and bought "under the pink" and since then I also bought "the beekeeper".
I don't know why I like her music that much. Often using a piano helps a lot. And having a nice voice and good lyrics also. But still, my opinion is unexplainable for this music isn't "mine". No-one would relate her music to me, especially people who have been into my room and have seen my taste in movies, books and music.

""Crucify""

this one sentence struck me in this song: "we've got enough suffering to start our on religion" or something like that :) I like this song, it expands beyond the obvious lyrics and culture.

Whilst I'm doing this confession kinda post I might as well mention I own quite my part of Tracy Chapman albums. :rolleyes:
I respect her.

During college, Chapman began street-performing and playing guitar in coffeehouses in Cambridge, Massachusetts. After graduating from Tufts, she signed to Elektra Records, releasing Tracy Chapman (1988, the year I was born). The album was critically acclaimed, and she began touring and building a fanbase. Soon after she performed at the televised Nelson Mandela 70th Birthday Tribute concert in June 1988 she became famous. Singing an acoustic version of Talkin' 'bout a Revolution, witch is a great song, proved to be a good move.
The album (nameless) sold well, going multi-platinum and winning three Grammy Awards, including an honor for Chapman as Best New Artist. Later in 1988, Chapman was a featured performer on the worldwide Amnesty International Human Rights Now! Tour.

Chapman's liberal politics proved enormously influential on American college campuses in the late '80s"
And she often performs at and attends charity events such as Make Poverty History, amfAR and AIDS/LifeCycle.

I respect and enjoy her music immensely.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Dude, you have my support! My intro album was 'Boys for Pele"! At first I didn't get it at all and then it clicked! I loved it and bought "Under The Pink", "Crucify EP" and "Hey Jupiter" all in one sweep! After that I got her debut "Little Earthquakes". I've bought EVERYTHING Tori I could get my hands on since then and my favorite thing she's ever done IMO is "From the Choirgirl Hotel"! I've seen her in concert twice! You've done something I've never been able to do! Make a thread about her! It's too hard for me!

I also like Tracy Chapman even though I own nothing from her! I love "Fast Car" and "Change"!

Your taste haven't suffered from these choices in the least IMO! :grinthumb Peace!

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murphy_orrest

Members online

No members online now.