Music you like/love that's not really made for your gender?

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
I like Bonnie Tyler's music and a number of tunes from other female artists who sing about "men" and "boys." I just happen to like the melodies, harmonies, etc.

Obviously, some of the lyrics in these songs, such as Tyler's Holding Out For A Hero, I probably shouldn't be putting up as a Facebook status. Otherwise my notifications box will be flooded with replies.

LivingDead

Fiend For Life
Reaction score
I was thinking for while that there is no music just made for one gender, but then I thought of a few songs that actually were just made for guys.

I really like the song She is Beautiful by Andrew W.K. I sometimes feel kind of silly singing along to it, but it's just a great song.

I also really like a song from the movie The Ringer. I don't know exactly the name of it, but the main thing they say is "I see pretty girls everywhere I go, Everywhere I go, Everywhere I go." It's just a super crazy great song.

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
I'd have to agree! We have a lot of musical commonalities AK but an audience shouldn't affect your respect for a musician IMO! :D
its explained by my poor writing skills which always confuse. :oyea:
I guess the best way to explain it would be that after the live shows (its was two I believe) and getting the live unplugged album I somehow lost touch with her and her music. I no longer had a feeling and bond to the music and the feeling I had for her music. By the time her next album came out in 2002 (Under rug swept) so much had changed in my life and I had actually started listening to several new genres of music I had discovered that Alanis got lost in the shuffle. I'm sure she is still putting out quality music but somehow I drifted away and haven't gone back. maybe someday I'll return? This happens in the world of AK sometimes as much as I love something it can drift away.
I know you might not understand then again maybe I don't understand either but music sometimes to me is a bond not only about is it good or is it quality.

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
I'm trying like hell to get to a Miranda Cosgrove concert and I can't wait to see the crowd there. It's gotta be 10 year old girls! Fine with me, man, it ain't like I go to concerts to score. And... come to think of it... if I did go to concerts to score, acts like Alanis would probably be ideal, lol. Or maybe Sheryl Crow.
another advantage is if you aren't tall (like me) and its general admission is with all the young girls you can see the show since most of them are short. Not like seeing an all guy type show full of tall guys standing in the front row and you can't see anything.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I was thinking for while that there is no music just made for one gender, but then I thought of a few songs that actually were just made for guys.

I really like the song She is Beautiful by Andrew W.K. I sometimes feel kind of silly singing along to it, but it's just a great song.

I also really like a song from the movie The Ringer. I don't know exactly the name of it, but the main thing they say is "I see pretty girls everywhere I go, Everywhere I go, Everywhere I go." It's just a super crazy great song.

It's this song LD! :)

Kids of Widney High-Pretty Girls

I LOVE the Ringer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :grinthumb

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
its explained by my poor writing skills which always confuse. :oyea:
I guess the best way to explain it would be that after the live shows (its was two I believe) and getting the live unplugged album I somehow lost touch with her and her music. I no longer had a feeling and bond to the music and the feeling I had for her music. By the time her next album came out in 2002 (Under rug swept) so much had changed in my life and I had actually started listening to several new genres of music I had discovered that Alanis got lost in the shuffle. I'm sure she is still putting out quality music but somehow I drifted away and haven't gone back. maybe someday I'll return? This happens in the world of AK sometimes as much as I love something it can drift away.
I know you might not understand then again maybe I don't understand either but music sometimes to me is a bond not only about is it good or is it quality.

O.K. dude! That makes a lot more sense. We all fall out of touch with some artist. You can't juggle every artist in the world equally and a change in musical taste can take you away from an artist. :grinthumb

gregjohnson1229

Reaction score
No Doubt is a band that i really like. I imagine they are targeted more towards women. I think they make good quality music. I especially like their ska back in thier early years

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
Also like George Michael/Wham, Michael Jackson and other stuff most cookie-cutter "men" of my age loathe.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online