Music Pet Peeves

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
^I actually like Death Metal because there are a lot of sub genres that can make it sound good. Melodic Death Metal for instance. Though, when it all boils down to it, its all opinion. Not to say its the greatest genre out there, because obviously it's not. I don't really think there is a "greatest genre", it's just what people like and what people don't like.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
For LXA, while I agree with some of your points, liking or disliking a genre for whatever reason is a purely personal decision.

There will always be "posers", but most of the time as people grow older and broaden their experience their taste in music grows.

As far as Death Metal, I like a lot of the music, but as all my friends in here know by now the singing style kills it for me. There are a handful of exceptions though, one album in particular I have showcases all the various metal vocal styles beautifully and when presented like that I can enjoy it....surprised myself actually.:grinthumb

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score
My biggest pet peeve is when people like "music" that is plain and simply just noise just to be non comformists, so they can go and find other non conformists and conform with them(death metal) and then go hate on other groups of people who like "music" that is just noise(screamo/emo/grindcore stuff).

It doesn't make any sense. YOU ARE LISTENING TO NOISE TOO. WHY JUDGE OTHER PEOPLE FOR DOING IT?
Oh right, because you've got a gigantic support group behind you, thats why. Death metal fans (in general)piss me off.

Oh and how most Death Metal fans I know think that they know everything about music and how what they like should be considered "good" by everyone and what they hate should be considered "bad" by everyone. And when other people don't like it they get pissed off and get other death metal fans to come and tear them apart.

I'm not usually one to judge an entire genre. I can enjoy some rap, I can enjoy some country, I can enjoy some hip hop, I can even enjoy SOME black metal(when its themes aren't satan and burning down churches and it isn't just screaming) HELL I can sometimes even enjoy some pop on the radio(VERY rarely though).
But Death Metal, I have tried very, very, very hard to appreciate, but I have come to a conclusion that its just noise. And its fans are some of the biggest douchebags ever. I don't like generalizing, but I have encountered more dickhead Death Metal fans than I have encountered ones who can actually go 5 seconds without hating on something.

Death Metal is the only genre I absolutely despise. I think the only reason anyone likes it is either they are doing it to be non conformist but at the same time to conform into the group of hate mongering teenagers who think they know everything about music when they listen to only cannibal corpse
Or they're ears have become so damaged by listening to music on full volume straight into their ears, that anything becomes music to them, even pure and simple noise.

I hope its just a fad and they grow up and start listening to what they ACTUALLY like, not liking something just because its "br00tal"

I'm not telling them to like what I like. I'm just saying they should listen to music for the real reasons.

I agree. My pet peeve is similar but for rock music in general...those who claim they listen only to obscure bands that no one has heard of and then label those bands "sellouts" the second they make a name for themselves. These superior persons were fans of XXXXXX last week, but now that XXXXXX's music became popular (they love the word "mainstream"), these rock snobs drop the band like the plague. And even worse is that they put down people who like mainstream music.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
^I have to politely disagree. You cannot say the mainstream is good right now. Maybe it's just me, but it is not nearly as good as it's been before.

ladyislingering

retired
Reaction score
^^That's funny Lady, but I can't fault the kids today for not referring to old music as "CD's" instead of albums. In another 5-10 years CD's will be gone and it's all about DL's...can't say I am looking forward to that myself.:nw:

They aren't even the same thing.
CD = compact disc.
Album = usually a word that denotes several things existing as a collection. You know, like a photo album. But no, kids these days call albums "CDs" and it's pretty much the most irritating shit in the world. What's funny, though, is when you turn it around somehow and say "record". They get all tripped up like you're speaking Chinese or something. :heheh:

^I have to politely disagree. You cannot say the mainstream is good right now. Maybe it's just me, but it is not nearly as good as it's been before.

Mainstream's shit these days.
You REALLY have to dig deep to get to what's worth listening to. It's out there. Just out of the spotlight. And once they start whoring for attention (basically doing what the corporate morons want them to in order to sell their music to the general public of cretins who think autotune is a legitimate tool), yes, they are sellouts.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Albums that have been transferred intact to CD's are simply digital formats of the same music, therefore I have to disagree with you about them in that case.

Vinyl = CD to me, they describe a complete work, one in the old format, one in the new format.

I call CD's albums, especially all the ones I bought to replace my old library of vinyl.

ladyislingering

retired
Reaction score
I know, I know, but when someone is speaking and the term "album" is the proper term, like "oh, I like that album, it's good" it just sounds so bizarre to say "I like that CD, it's good" instead.

eh.
maybe I just get peeved over people's odd speaking habits.

oh!

Another thing I hate about certain types of music is constant looping. It had a use, back in the day, but I don't want to hear a chopped up word/non-word/vowel 600 times before the word is actually said in the lyrics. You know, n-n-n-n-n-n-n-no more un-un-un-un-un-un-unnecessary looping. It's obnoxious.

Hardnecker

Reaction score
CD=album=record. It's all good. I still say album or record. In fact, I'm off to pick up the newly remixed and remastered Moving Pictures album right now.

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score

I wasn't talking about today's music. I was talking about classic rock artists of the 70s-90s that many on this forum say they don't like anymore because the band became mainstream. Same band, same sound...but now everyone likes them so they are looked down on as mainstream.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
I wasn't talking about today's music. I was talking about classic rock artists of the 70s-90s that many on this forum say they don't like anymore because the band became mainstream. Same band, same sound...but now everyone likes them so they are looked down on as mainstream.

Forgive my misreading then. Though, people do have their own opinions on bands from the 70's and those years. People can say any band I listen to is mainstream, and it wouldn't mean shit. It's all opinion. And everyone has one whether we like to believe them or not.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online

No members online now.