Motley Crue (Official Thread)

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Was the first Motley Crue album I remember buying. Loved it first listen and still do to this day. Sits behind Shout At The Devil though for me.

rtbuck

Reaction score
A friend of mine sent me a message Saturday that he had 2 extra free VIP tickets for the Crue & Alice Cooper show last night at Darien Lake and I was glad I went!! I actually enjoyed the first band the Raskins as live they sounded and looked like 80's metal meets the Ramones and their final song was Iggy's Search and Destroy. (I went home & bought the d/l of their album and it has a more pop sound with an edge(good album but nothing at all like their live sound & set).

Alice was up next and his set was phenomenal. The sound and show was flawless and very professional. Alice and band were amazing as they rocked their way for nearly an hour of all his hits(18, Billion Dollar Babies, Poison, Under my Wheels, No More Mr. Nice Guy, Feed my Frankenstein, School's out...etc) and theatrics(Straight Jacket, Snake, guillotine...etc).;

Motley Crue was great as well and they used as much if not more Pyro than Kiss. Their sound was a bit off (Alice's sound was much more clear) but it didn't matter as their show overall was awesome. They played everything that was to be expected and the crowd sang along with all of them. I heard my favorites (Too Fast for Love, Live Wire, Too Young to Fall in Love, Kickstart my Heart, & Looks that Kill) so I was happy. It was pretty cool the way they mixed in Gary Glitter's Rock & Roll Part 2 with Their cover of Smokin' in the Boys Room. It was disappointing that their was no Tommy Lee drum solo (not that I care for drum solos but Lee's are always interesting and this tour's sounded like it was going to be wild).

Overall a great all around show

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The last truly great Motley Crue album. I enjoyed New Tattoo but nothing past Dr Feelgood including that even stands close to their glam albums.

hairmetalmusic.com

www.hairmetalmusic.com
Reaction score
NOthing after the album Motley Crue has been a worthy Crue album.
Shame and weird how this band just lost their ability to write a catchy hard rock album.

BBlaze87

Reaction score
I am whole-heartedly devoted to Motley Crue! Have been for, literally, as long as I can remember!

I just went to see them in Moline on Sunday...and I cried like a little baby! So many emotions! So much love!

I wrote up a quick review/story of my love affair with the Crue as soon as I got home...if you want to check it out, you can find it here.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliverevans

Members online