Most Overrated Bands of the 90's

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Re: Most Overated Bands of the 90's

I've gotta say....I like Nirvana but after reading this thread I'd be cool with not hearing about them (positively or negatively) for awhile. :heheh:

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score

After reading all this.. I'm game to find out what our kids...Grandkids will think of the bands we now defend..
After all.. We will all be history in a 100 years.. and we will be like what everyone was saying at the time the Beatles and Led Zeppelin and .. well.. you get the point..

This commercial will be what your Great Grand Kids will consider a CLASSIC!!!

Why??? You ask?? Because there will be no more diamonds left in the world..Just diamond smelling Old Spice...

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score

Big deal.

:rolleyes:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I don't go to rock musicians for insights into the human condition. If I want insights into the human condition, I'll read a book.

What I'm paying you fellows for is to play. So shut up and play.

:drums:
really wow just like a book I love a great story in music. Just like books I like a mix of everything happy, sad, tragic, romantic, political, funny, party etc.. Also doesn't mean I agree with all of it just like ideas.

F

FoxyPage

Big deal.

:rolleyes:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I don't go to rock musicians for insights into the human condition. If I want insights into the human condition, I'll read a book.

What I'm paying you fellows for is to play. So shut up and play.

:drums:

Pretty much every song tells a story so you just shouldn't listen to music then? lol. :)

You don't have to pay attention to the lyrics, that's your call, and I sometimes don't really pay attention to the meanings behind songs, but the lyrics are all meant to tell some kind of story/give some kind of message and that is one of the things that makes songs special to people. It would be fairly stupid for people to just sing about things that don't make sense but, again, that part of music depends on the person listening. Some people just like to chill out and mindlessly listen to music without really paying attention/caring about what the song is about and others like to find out what the story/message is.

Reaction score

I could just be putting words in Fox's mouth, so Fox no offense met if I am wrong, but I'm thinking he means outside of the music, like what those rock stars say to the press and in interviews and all that, but as for lyrics.. I know I don't really like it when they get really political with their lyrics, but if they do I just won't pay attention to what they say if the tunes are good... I lose a lot of respect for rock stars or anyone who can obtain that type of attention, when they use it in the wrong way IMO, like to get all political, or simply just to get attention, obviously they can have those opinions because they are humans, but they don't need to flaunt them about just because they can:D
:heheh: /endrant

F

FoxyPage

Well if it was in reference to the Cobain quote (I am just assuming because his post was after mine and he didn't quote anyone), it's not really Kurt's fault a number of people took the song wrong and he had to explain it. As soon as people hear negative sounding lyrics like 'rape me', they are going to jump to conclusions. No one is forced to listen to their interviews but those are just a part of their job.

Reaction score

Well if it was in reference to the Cobain quote (I am just assuming because his post was after mine and he didn't quote anyone), it's not really Kurt's fault a number of people took the song wrong and he had to explain it. As soon as people hear negative sounding lyrics like 'rape me', they are going to jump to conclusions. No one is forced to listen to their interviews but those are just a part of their job.
and I don't know if it was either, I just assumed as well:heheh:
completely disagree... I think a bit of mystery makes it more interesting, and there are some things I don't want to know about the artists that they say... and you're right, it is my choice not to watch or listen, but personally if I see something involving a favorite artist of mine I am going to watch, and I'm not singling out Kurt here, I'm just speaking generally:)

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score

Here it is for me in a nutshell.

Music is music and notes are notes.

Some people just don't like the way some notes are put together but it's all creativity. It's all art regardless.

But sometimes people go one step beyond and feel that the music they don't like is not as good as other "important" music. But what is important really??

If an artist or a band has an audience, and that audience is smiling and enjoying themselves....to me that's important and magical.

:cheers:

:bow: EXACTLY Metalpriest! Jeez, I'm exhausted reading all these post with members slagging off other members' taste in music. :wtf: Just a waste of time!

F

FoxyPage

and I don't know if it was either, I just assumed as well:heheh:
completely disagree... I think a bit of mystery makes it more interesting, and there are some things I don't want to know about the artists that they say... and you're right, it is my choice not to watch or listen, but personally if I see something involving a favorite artist of mine I am going to watch, and I'm not singling out Kurt here, I'm just speaking generally:)

Disagree about a part of that being their job? If that is what you meant, it sort of is. Some do choose to keep a little more quiet about their lives but the public/their fans want interviews so they can listen and learn from the artist (though not all interviews teach you something positive about the person, lol). I think everyone knows how much I love Zep and I love interviews with the band. I am very interested on what they have to say about things and I don't care what they talk about. They can talk about rocks for all I care, I just want to hear what they have to say about it. It also keeps celebs in the spotlight.

I think in Kurt's case, a lot of people got the wrong idea and he just wanted to correct it so people could better understand.

I could be wrong but I think I read somewhere that Kurt hated interviews and would rather not have to do them. Don't quote me on that one, though!

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score

Foxy have you seen the dvd "It Might Get Loud"? It has interviews with Jimmy Page, Jack White and the Edge. It's a must see.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad

Members online