Most Overrated Album Of The 80s

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Wang Chung can't be said to be overrated - quite simply because nobody ever said they were good.

:bricks:

UHHH, Foxhound, they have had at least 5 songs hit the top 40.......

"Don't Let Go"
"Dance Hall Days"
"Everybody Have Fun Tonight"
"Don't be My Enemy"
"Wait"

Most of those were off this album:

Points_on_the_Curve_CD_cover.jpg

Extremely overrated!

"Everybody Have Fun Tonight" is a fun song, but still overrated musically.

Mr. Shadow

"Classic" Member
Reaction score
that's exactly it MW. the 80s gave us great music if you looked past the radio. most of the great music from the 90s started in the 80s, it was a glorious decade for aspiring musicians who wanted to make their own music and who could finally afford to do so.

There was good music in the 90'S?:zzz:

Aginghipster

Reaction score
Asia - Self titled.

The most hyped and worst album in history. Horrible...

It certainly was not the worst, but definitely nothing special. At liked it when I was before I knew any better. Years later I heard the Only Time Will Tell song and had a moment of clarity.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
It certainly was not the worst, but definitely nothing special. At liked it when I was before I knew any better. Years later I heard the Only Time Will Tell song and had a moment of clarity.

I was excited when Asia's debut came out myself, bought it and played it maybe 4 or 5 times and that was it. I wouldn't say it was the most overrated album of the 80's, but considering the talent of the members it had to be the most Disappointing release of the decade.

Boy George never rated on my musical radar, I thought he was a freak then and he has done nothing to change my opinion now.

As for George Michael, what can you say...:lmao:

F

FoxyPage

I forgot about Wang Chung. Ugh, I can't stand them at all. Everybody Have Fun Tonight is one of the most annoying songs ever made.

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score
For me it was U2's The Joshua Tree.

DJs and critics loved it, but I thought it was weak sauce compared to their earlier works. Trouble was, the hype never ended with the album. They then shot a music video on a rooftop in downtown L.A. for "Where The Streets Have No Name" and then the tour came through... Good God, 1987 was Hell!

Thank God for G&R's Appetite For Destruction! :cheers:

Reaction score
and

after the first two albums Van Halen is the most over rated band in the 80s(in my opinion, don't flip:tongue:)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online

No members online now.