Most Overrated Album Of The 80s

sambora

Reaction score
Guns n' Roses - Appetite For Destruction ....the tune of guitar is the same all through the album...and not really impressive album ...... based on the lead effort of slash and angry axl rose vocals...

there re a lot of great albums in 80s that contain great melodies and real group work like Scorpions - Savage Amusement.... warrant - d.f.s.r .... bon jovi - slippery when wet

G-money

Reaction score
I'd say Def Leppards "Hysteria" was way overrated and a major disappointment because it was no where near as hard rock as "Pyromania".

eccentric man

Reaction score
nay hahah i'm totally not in agreement that everything from the 80s is overrated hehe there are a lot of classic albums in there. that's not to say there isn't an ungodly amount of shit though.

Music Wench

Rock and Roll Grandma
Reaction score
I have a special fondness for this decade just because it brought me R.E.M. and U2. Every decade has it's clunkers. The 70s gave us disco for crying out loud and yet it gave us some of the best classic rock as well. :)

eccentric man

Reaction score
that's exactly it MW. the 80s gave us great music if you looked past the radio. most of the great music from the 90s started in the 80s, it was a glorious decade for aspiring musicians who wanted to make their own music and who could finally afford to do so.

TeleCat

Blackmore's Advocate
Reaction score
I agree with the forum member who typed, every album from the 80s is overrated. :grinthumb

C'mon, SRV's Texas Flood and Couldn't Stand The Weather kicked off a blues revolution. We saw the reunion of the classic MK II line up of Deep Purple (albeit short lived) with Perfect Strangers. Page and Paul Rogers in The Firm. Surely some good stuff came out in the midst of all the bunk.

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online

No members online now.