Most Overrated Album Of The 80s

Zombeels

Reaction score
C'mon, SRV's Texas Flood and Couldn't Stand The Weather kicked off a blues revolution. We saw the reunion of the classic MK II line up of Deep Purple (albeit short lived) with Perfect Strangers. Page and Paul Rogers in The Firm. Surely some good stuff came out in the midst of all the bunk.
You just shot your own argument down with The Firm. They were just awful.

Hammerfall

Reaction score
Guns n' Roses - Appetite For Destruction
Van Halen - 1984
AC/DC - Back in Black
Rush - Moving Pictures

A lot of great stuff in the 80's (Dinosaur Jr., Bad Brains, The Residents) and a lot of white trash.

:wtf: Rush ! - All There Albums are great ! Not Overrated at all.

My Choice for the Most Overrated album would have to be "Guns n' Roses - Appetite For Destruction" - Awful Album in my opinion

F

FoxyPage

I'd say Def Leppards "Hysteria" was way overrated and a major disappointment because it was no where near as hard rock as "Pyromania".

Wow, TOTALLY disagree. Hysteria was an awesome album and the song alone was amazing.

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
BeatlesFan3287 wrote:

I would say that Bruce Springsteen's "Born In The USA" was very overrated. Or at least compared to his 70s output. I'd personally choose "Born To Run" over "USA" anyday.

Hmm - I'll agree with you about "Born In The USA" - it's merely a song which has got worse with age! But the Rest of that album your referring to is excellent and there's some great songs on it!

I wish I could have made it sound more positive, but these topics of discussion only seem to generate arguments unfortunately! :-( But that's okay - I don't really care what others say about the album, cause I like it! :-D

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I am gonna jump off the rock n roll wagon and say that almost all the pop music and new wave crap from the 80's is over hyped.

Case in point a band called Wang Chung:

Huang_Chung_CD.jpg

Points_on_the_Curve_CD_cover.jpg

To_Live_and_Die_in_L.A._album_art.jpg

Wangchungmosaic.jpg

You can put the entire Wang Chung, new wave/pop rock 80's discography on the overrated, super sucky list.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Number of Wang Chung CD's/Songs in my library = 0.

Enuff said.:D

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online