Most Overplayed Classic Rock songs on today's Radio?

What are the most overplayed classic rock songs on the radio today? (choose 5)

• Total voters

R. Evans

Left Of Center
Reaction score
^^ Please do so and thanks LG!:grinthumb

And add all those Doors songs I mentioned so I can slag them again.:lmao:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I have adjusted the counts so your votes are included, as for the Doors you are on your own the Poll only has 25 options and I wouldn't mess with Magic's thread myself,,,I value my health and well being after all...:heheh:

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score
A lot of these songs listed don't get as much airplay down under as they do in the States, it would appear.

However:

- Sweet Home Alabama
- Stairway to Heaven
- Bohemian Rhapsody
- Hotel California
- Smoke on the Water

Get dreadfully overplayed in Adelaide radio stations. I like all those songs, but they get tiresome if you hear them too often.

Other songs that my local stations seem to love:

- Highway to Hell - AC/DC
- Khe Sahn - Cold Chisel
- Down Under - Men At Work
- Beds Are Burning - Midnight Oil
- Working Class Man - Jimmy Barnes
- Never Tear Us Apart - INXS

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
All good songs but the most over played, I think, are Sweet Home Alabama, Stairway To Heaven, Bohemian Rhapsody, Back In Black and Hotel California.

Rocker440

Reaction score
My first choice is: option Z (all of the above!) :heheh: :D

But I'll go with the most recent partial songs that I've heard....:peek

Sweet Home Alabama ~ Lynyrd Skynyrd

American Woman ~ Guess Who

Stairway to Heaven ~ Led Zeppelin

Bohemian Rhapsody ~ Queen

Runnin' With the Devil ~ Van Halen

Hopefully this both helps within this poll, and will probably also show how many of the same songs have received a lot of airtime and for many years, too. I'll also say that many of these songs are excellent, long time favorites, which may be both why they have been played a lot over the years, as well as continue to get so much airtime, now.

However, imo, the playing of these songs for many years and also currently is bound to lead to probably many people either already burned out with hearing one or more over that time period, but also having another affect with not wanting to hear some of these classic songs, too. :bonk:

I'd find it extremely difficult to be a DJ on a classic rock radio station, and mostly only having the rather limited selections/playlists that are allowed by the station managers and their sponsers. :pullhair:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Judging by everyone's posts, Classic Rock Radio is about the same all over.........they play the same worn out songs over and over. Almost like they have to force feed the listeners the popular cuts from the classic artists catalogue.

Maybe Aeroplane can shed some light to us on why the stations don't go into the deeper cuts from the artists.......

rtbuck

Reaction score
I still don't understand it. I've been listening to Nights with Alice Cooper constantly over the past few weeks (actually I record his 5 hour show in the evening & then listen to it during the day) & other than his closet classics & Cooper Cover songs it's the same classic rock tunes. I listen to it to hear Coop's stories after the songs.
I remember one time I was listening to 97 Rock (our Classic Rock Station) & the morning DJ (who loves bragging about himself & thinks he's Mr. Music which I'm sure he does know a lot being a DJ for over 30 years) asked a question "What album is "Stay With Me" by the Faces from??" I actually got through & said very confident "A Nod is as Good as a Wink to a Blind Horse" & I hear the guy say "Wrong it's off of Ooh La La!!". I said "No, it's not!" & the guy got all flustered & I told him it was one of my favorite all-time albums. He almost didn't believe me but then he broke down & told me that they only had it on a Rod Stewart anthology album so he gave me the prize. I went to pick up my prize & brought the record w/ me & he sent his co host out to get the record to see it. My wife had the radio on going to work & as soon as I said "No,it's not!" she thought "Oh no here he goes..."(she knows my music rants!) but she told me that I was cut off as soon as the guy said I was wrong

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sundaytakako

Members online

No members online now.