Moonspell (Official Thread)

Neverlife

Reaction score
Re: Moonspell

LG, you are probably the funniest guy ever, 'Cookie Monster', I just about choked to death on my orange juice.

LG did you check out the first video? Its all clean vocals, just for you :D

Anyway, I really love it when you combine the very symphonic and classical female vocals, with very brutal male ones. Although I've never found any other band that did it except Nightwish (and they never do it enough), and one of my favorites Haggard (which I may go make a thread on now, because they are amazing).

I'm definitely gonna give these guys a listen because its the 2nd time I've heard of them today.

EDIT: I just listened to both, and well I'm pretty sure I'm really gonna like these guys, the second video has the most bad-ass drums in the beginning, pretty much gave me a hard-on (too much?)

Last edited:

LOU/REALM

Reaction score

I love MOONSPELL! Ive got a couple of their albums and looking for more. LG I know where your coming from..."The cookie monster ":heheh: appears on later albums and like you put me off the band a bit. [ .... such a fine line sometimes between gothic and gothic metal !!] Earlier MOONSPELL remind me so much of my old band 13 CANDLES...I Love this MOONSPELL track...

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I will have to look around for some 13 Candles stuff LOU, I keep forgetting you are an accomplished musician in your own right.:grinthumb

Amirlan

~Amirlan~
Reaction score

my mobile ringtone lol....

some songs very bad but i like this band... sounds good..

LOU/REALM

Reaction score

4 more excellent MOONSPELL tracks......I love this band !!!

Gothic metal at its best:grinthumb

MOONSPELL Discography

Wolfheart 95
Irreligous 96
Sin/pecado 98
The butterfly effect 99
Darkness and hope 2001
The antidote 2003
Memorial 2006
Under Satanae 2007
Night eternal 2008

b.o.b.

Reaction score

One of my favorite gothic metal bands. I have all their albums except the last one but I'm working on it :grinthumb.

moonspell_wolfheart.jpg

Last edited:

LOU/REALM

Reaction score

Great stuff b.o.b !! Which albums do you recomend? The last one I bought was " the antidote" in 2003..... Its not a bad album at all, quite heavy , but a bit "growly" at times.....I preferred the "sin/pecado" album which was more TYPO NEGATIVE sounding. Im just geussing a bit but ....I bet that the 1st album was black metal.?.just by the logo

b.o.b.

Reaction score

Indeed Wolfheart was considered black metal. But black metal with some folk influences. It is still a cult album for me although some songs reveal the lack of experience. Their big success, my favorite and the album that made them well known is Irreligious from 1996.

Moonspell-Irreligious.jpg

A big step ahead on the path of gothic metal. For me it is a milestone album for this metal genre. Dark atmospheric keyboards with strong and melodic choruses. Fernando Ribeiro alias Langsuyar has a great dark powerful voice and on this album the clean haunting voice passages are overwhelming.

Last edited:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka